Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm injured because of carelessness

Mad and need to vent.

My lower back is wrenched because my foot slipped in grease on the kitchen floor. I usually wear slippers with treads but happened to be in socks. There was a definite grease spot; my socks didn't slip elsewhere.
    It just underscores the fact there are always grease spots and crumbs all over the counter next to the stove. And in front of the air fryer. I decided just today I'm not cleaning anything but the section of counter I use and if I spill grease on that right side, I'll clean it. I'm not cleaning up after adults. I am in the middle of my workday. I wiped the floor but that's it. Not looking forward to working in pain. Took 4 generic Advil and my antispasmodic prescription. It's really locking up.

I can go on strike about dishes and countertops but that doesn't help when it even gets on the floor. I just cleaned that floor!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Owww that sounds painful! I'm sorry that happened to you.

I get you about "cleaning up after adults." I get irritated at home because if my sister drops something, often she just grumbles about it and leaves it lying there. Oh, her intention is always "I was gonna pick it up!" but my response it "Then why didn't you do it right away?" I mean it takes 2 seconds to pick a thing up and put it back where it belongs.

Same with spills! I hate when people spill something and don't clean it up immediately. I know for a fact she's going to forget about it if she doesn't do it right away. My brain works the same way: Deal with it immediately or I will forget. So I deal with it immediately.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X