Ghost stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost stories

Yep, it's that time of year. Let's hear your spooky encounters, or your stories of weird things that have happened to people you know!

Funnily enough, we just had another couple of incidents from our house's ghost, whom we've dubbed "Ash." We call them this because the first time things started happening, it was accompanied by a smell like something burning. Ash seems to be most active during October, as it happens.

The other evening, we'd all gone back to our respective rooms in the house to do our own things. Some time later, Nami suddenly pings our group chat, asking if everyone was all right, because she and Sam had heard what sounded like glass falling or breaking in the kitchen, beneath their room. Road, who lives in the basement, added that he heard what sounded like footsteps in that area. When no one else admitted to having been in the kitchen, I got up and went downstairs, putting on some shoes (because if there was broken glass, I didn't want to step on it) before checking it out.

Nothing. No broken glass, nothing was out of place or fallen over. I double-checked the adjacent family room, and the dining room area just in case, but nothing. I pinged the chat to let everyone know, and we all chalked it up to Ash being mischievous again.

Yesterday, Nami pings our chat again to say that something pushed their bedroom door closed, and that it couldn't have been the cat, since Levi was down in the basement by this point.

Not necessarily super creepy or spooky, just ghost mischief.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

oh the ghsot stories/sightings i could tell....
      1. I lived in a basement apartment many many years ago, and one morning I woke up and turned my head from facing the windows to facing an interior wall near where my dresser was....and standing half in and half out of my dresser was a well dressed woman in victorian style clothing....my cat whom was sleeping at my feet didn't twitch a muscle so I figured it was just a curious ghost, so i said "go away, I'll deal with you later..." turned back over and went back to sleep.

2. was in Maryland at a family reunion, in a hotel that was a couple hundred years old on the eastern shore. wasn't very busy in the dining room (ground floor of the hotel), but through a set of double doors was the waitstaff area (pitchers of water, roll silverware, keep an eye on tables while being unobtrusive, etc), so seeing people move through that area was not uncommon. This was the type of place that while it wasn't a black tie restaurant, it was definately a dress nicely type of place. so imagine my surprise when I saw out of the corner of my eye, an old man and a little boy dressed in wet weather gear for a boat, standing in the doorway, and the old man was pointing to things to the little boy. Then i noticed them fully, turned more that way, the old man waved then I blinked and they were gone...

3. my parents house was haunted here in Tennessee...their bedroom and the room just outside there room were the original parts of the house built back in the 1890s. there was a coal fireplace that they never used, had capped the chimney, and had their headboard up against the fireplace (it made the most sense for placement in the room), and they BOTH claimed at different times that they could hear a radio being played, scratchy and distant like its an old style radio, and the music was old timey too.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
      X