Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for you fans of the US version of "The Office"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you fans of the US version of "The Office"...

Spoilers below! If you don't want spoilers stop reading now!!

Could Michael and Holly really have had four biological children?

I know it's a fictional show, but the only real way I can think of that Michael and Holly could have had four biological children is some sort of fertility treatment (i.e. in-vitro).

Consider:

When Michael proposed to Holly, he was close to 46 years old. Holly's age is unknown, but should we also assume she is in her early 40's (barring some sort of Andy/Erin age difference thing). We also know that Michael has had three vasectomies.

Most medical research indicates that odds are relatively low of women in their early 40's getting pregnant in any given month (around 5% or so).

So I don't think it's really possible that, in the time that he proposes to Holly until the time he re-appears at Dwight's wedding and we find out he has four children, that he and Holly could have had 4 children.

The only way I can think of otherwise is that they had triplets and then one more, or quadruplets.

Thoughts?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Did you consider adoption? Or children from previous relationships?

I have not seen the show.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Did you consider adoption? Or children from previous relationships?

I have not seen the show.
      It's possible, but Michael indicated at one point he didn't want to adopt, and only wanted biological children. It's possible Holly convinced him to adopt.

Comment

The Office wasn’t really known for keeping things realistic. If the joke needed a thing to happen, it did, even if it didn’t make any sense.

i didn’t finish watching The Office. Although I hated Michael as a character, the writing got so much worse after he left the show. You say he comes back? Im not sure that makes it worth watching the rest.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
          You say he comes back? Im not sure that makes it worth watching the rest.
          Yes, but it's for literally one episode (mainly as a fan service, I think). And I think his only line (other than the "talking head") is "That's what she said."

But yeah, after he left it severely went downhill.

Comment

Working...
          X