Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an E-Waste of My Time

OK...I AM NOW...Mildly to moderately annoyed x.x

Ya see, the ONLY way to safely/legally dispose of electronic waste anywhere in this half of the state is to take it to the yearly "e-waste day" at the dump, which isn't until next April. As you might expect, I was quite happy to see an online flyer about the local waste company offering to accept the junk for a small fee.

Thanks, in part, to the deep clean of my house a friend helped me with recently, I have half a trunk of the stuff to dispose of (old routers, batteries, hard drives, etc, all boxed up, no worries), so I headed on down to the advertised location today to take care of it...buuuuuut I wouldn't be posting this if it worked out that well.

I took it down there, and I was told that they only accept TVs and monitors at the center -- Apparently, whoever put out the public notice didn't include that part. The lady was professional about it, tho, and she wasn't any happier with the guy who made the ad than I was. Now I gotta schlep all that stuff back into my house to sit until the Spring. Joy, joy.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Or wrap the boxes up in pretty Christmas paper and park at the local mall with the doors unlocked and the boxes on the back seat.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ya know, I still have a delivery box or two, and porch pirates are a thing...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Ya know, I still have a delivery box or two, and porch pirates are a thing...
        Bad idea. You don't want to attract them to your house.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Whoever said anything about it being MY house...?

...Juuuuust kidding.

Comment

Working...
          X