Aluminum can go boom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum can go boom

I heard a BANG sound from somewhere in the vicinity of my kitchen a few days ago. Today, while straightening stuff out in there, I found this can of sprite zero...which had exploded its top off due to being frozen over. In the back of the *fridge*, not the freezer.

Well...on the upside, my fridge works o_O

Click image for larger version

Name:	explodey sprite zero.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2081304
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

That could have been bad. Someone could have been hurt.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Perhaps if it hadn't been missing it's 'i' it would have been safe
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Yeah, it was all contained within, fortunately. Was in the way back area and the lid hit the inner side fridge wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	explodey sprite zero lid.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2081311
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

My wife left a can of Coke sitting in her desk at work over a very cold weekend. The desk was neat the window. The can of coke froze solid, but did not burst.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Living up north, I heard many stories of fools leaving soda in their car during winter. The stories tended to have very colorful language.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I had a friend leave a can in my car without me knowing. One morning I opened my car and found coke brown ice all over the inside of my car and an exploded can on the back seat.

Comment

The last place I rented before buying the house had a pretty good sized back porch, and I used to keep the sodas there. On one extra-cold winter day, the tops blew off of a couple of the cans, leaving a brown slushball against the side of the house. Strangely enough, it only happened with my wife's diet sodas, not my regular non-diet ones.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Try putting a can of beer in a paint mixer.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Try putting a can of beer in a paint mixer.
                    That seems like it would violate several international arms treaties.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Yeah, I'll take your word for it on that one

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        ... only happened with my wife's diet sodas, not my regular non-diet ones.
                        I believe sugar lowers the freezing point and it may also promote supercooling.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                        X