Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to kill him. (Animal Lovers be warned).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to kill him. (Animal Lovers be warned).

So last week my friend's BF dumped him. My friend claimed his BF said that he changed too much. I really didn't noticed a difference, but i known him for so long, I might have gotten just used to him.

So, as a sign of good faith, and the fact he used to have cats before he moved to a place where he couldn't have pets, we sorta, kinda snuck in my cat. My little kitty saved me two years ago. I figured she could save him too.

So I got her back today. There is a NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE in her personaty.

Before, I would shadowbox with her. (Act like I'm trying to punch her). Where she would look confused, then proceed to try to smell my fists.

She use to love chasing our fingers through the couch cushions.

She also loved to have her paws held, where she would gently wrap her claws around your finger and just sleep.

So my friend drops her off.

I try to shadowbox her. SHE RUNS. She won't even come out for her treat. I let her be for a moment, thinking it was at first because she hasn't been home for a week. She does come out, but just stares at me. She lets me come to her. I try to hold her paw. SHE BITES me. She has never bitten anyone in two years! She then runs and hides. She comes out again. I try to pet her, she growls, but lets me. She lets out a yelp.

That's it. I waited a few more minutes to calm down. Then called my friend. And proceeded to scream. Alot. What the HELL did he do to my cat.

He lied to me. He said someone broke into his apartment, and then she got out. He tried to find her, but couldn't for a day. He then saw his neighbor WALKING her. He convinced him he was the owner. That guy must have hit her.

Now, I did yell at him. What did he do. But I never did say anything about hit. Then he said that.

I told him he just wasted 10 years of friendship.

He then said it was an accident, and he was just pissed off.

I told him I'm taking her to a vet, and I'm going to do what I can to get whatever charges I can against him.

He hung up.

I have no idea what I can do. From what I see, she doesn't have brusises, but she does cry when her back is petted. I already called up my vet, and got a check up. But its not til tomorrow morning, which is the earliest they can do for somet F up reason, even if she might have been beaten.

I have no idea if I ever going to get Thelma back to her normal self. . I don't even KNOW if I can get charges against him. No real proof so far. And as utterly, UTTERLY pissed off I am at him. I'm not even sure I can out of one last bit of respect for him and his friendship.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

I am soooo sorry to hear about your cat. And I will join you in beating him, if you want.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
      And I will join you in beating him, if you want.
      Count me in too.

I'm hoping that once kitty stops hurting physically, she'll realize you'd never hurt her, and go back to being herself.

Comment

Your cat will realise that you are the *nice one* and eventually trust you again, but anyone else might have a hard time.

It will take a while though, maybe even months.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

IF he was beating her, and there's bruises, they take a while to go away. The vet may yet find something. And if he does, make sure you press charges. Someone that will do that to a defenceless animal is normally the kind of person that will do the same to children and women.

Plus, for her personality to change after one week...jeepers!

*HUGS* for your kitty
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

1. See vet. Immediately. Ask if she can confirm that your cat's injuries are likely the result of being struck by a human. If so, get it in writing.

2. Buy Feliway. It costs $50, but it will help. Get the wall dispenser kind that works like plug in air freshener.

3. Love kitty. But don't touch kitty. She needs her space. She will come to you when she's ready to.

4. Call police and explain your pet has been abused and your friend admits to it.

5. If they don't bring charges, take friend to civil court for vet costs.
            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Part of it might be that your cat was really stressed out from being put into an unfamiliar place all week. You can't explain to a cat why they are being sent off to a strange place with a strange person. She was probably kind of freaked out all week.

My cat, who was strictly a housecat, fell out of a (1st story) window and spent the night outside. Terrified. I won't bore you with the gory details, but suffice it to say she was SO freaked out that my rescuing her and getting her back inside cost me about 200 bucks down at the doc in the box to get myself taped back together. No lie. She was a big, powerful cat and had gone pretty much feral in the 12 hourse she spent under my outbuilding. She bit me, clawed and bloodied me, and broke off some claws in my forearm. Good times.

This from her spending a night alone in an unfamiliar place.

I don't know if your friend abused her or not, but he may not have. She might be traumatized by the week she spent away from you in a strange place.

I don't mean to put guilt on you, but it's something to consider.

Comment

ITA with RecoveringKinkoid, I know you want to protect your kitty; but, I don't think it's fair to automatically blame your friend and talk about bringing charges when there really is no proof.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                  4. Call police and explain your pet has been abused and your friend admits to it.
                  But that would be a lie, the friend has not admitted to that.

Comment

I told him he just wasted 10 years of friendship.

I guess I am interpreting that line as him saying he did hit her?
                    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
                      But that would be a lie, the friend has not admitted to that.
                      Oops, beaten to it. But to quote again:

Which implies to me the friend decided to take out some frustrations on the cat.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Plaidman, even I'd want to cause this "Friend" of yours pain, since he deemed it worthy to take out his frustrations on a helpless animal! Why the hell would he (would anyone for that matter) think it would be okay to beat an animal?! Particularly one as small as a cat, he could have killed her.

I'd like to get my hands on your "friend" so he can find out what it's like to be beaten up for no good reason!
                        Last edited by Evil Queen; 04-03-2008, 12:39 AM. Reason: because I'm an idiot that can't read.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I took it to mean that it was an accident that he let her out. JMO of course.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                            Irv, even I'd want to cause this "Friend" of yours pain, since he deemed it worthy to take out his frustrations on a helpless animal! Why the hell would he (would anyone for that matter) think it would be okay to beat an animal?! Particularly one as small as a cat, he could have killed her.

I'd like to get my hands on your "friend" so he can find out what it's like to be beaten up for no good reason!
                            Whoa whoa WHOA! I don't even have a cat! Unless you count....never mind. Evil Irv escaped from his cage again.

Plaidman's the one who began the thread
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sorry! My mistake; I was reading multiple posts (Another Irv on another forum) and got names turned around, I'm sorry!

Edited to correct the error.
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                              X