Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I stand alone...twilight-the book please tell me I'm not alone! (could have spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still feel bad though since someone will end up having to turn them the right way round.

I think they'd forgive me though.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
      Did you show her the Mary Sue Litmus Test?
      *Grabs his Character, Maru, and puts him to the test*

Rules he breaks:

Does the character have more than one name? (i.e. a nickname or a pseudonym that other characters use to refer to the character)[1]

The Dog Damned

Is the character the same gender as you?[1]

Yes.

Is the character from the same racial group as you?[1]

German-Japanese. So, kinda. That counts as Yes.

Is the character a teenager or in her/his early twenties?[1]

Yes. 23, I believe.

Do animals (especially fuzzy ones) instinctively like the character?[2]

Dogs. Yes.

Score of 6. 0-14 Developed character, unlikely MS.

I feel validated.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

• My character used to break a huge number of rules, before the rest of my muses confronted her.

It's been said by one of the creators that in the Ghostbusters universe, none of the good guys can ever actually die (not immortal so much as there's always some way out), so...

> 6. Is she introduced to the reader in the first chapter? (TWO POINTS
        > if it's the first paragraph)

Presently, yes because I'm not sure how to shuffle things otherwise.

> 13. Does she have a job or profession that you have or would someday
        > like to have?

Besides being a Ghostbuster? Yes (computer tech).

> 18. Does she become a member or an honorary member of the
        > Ghostbusters?

Eventually, yes. Say half a point for this one.

> 23. Does she go on busts with the others?

When needed, not all the time. She definitely couldn't use a proton pack perfectly on the first try (luckily there was no serious damage).

> 24. Does she spend more time at the firehall than Janine?

Not intended to, but she does end up living there for a few days. Say yes for the fic in question.

> 25. (5 POINTS) Does she save one or more Ghostbusters from certain
        > death, damnation, and/or demonic possession, OR vice versa?

She does have a hand in it, but ultimately Ray saves everyone's butts. (I'm not sure if that could be counted as the 'vice versa' part). I would say no.

> 1-10 Probably just fine, but keep an eye on things. Note: I would
        > consider the Soap series to be in this range, so you may still have
        > a good story on your hands! Just tread carefully...

5 1/2 points. It would be 3 1/2 if not for my answer to #6, that is being worked on (I'm trying to keep this beast under 100 pages, which is why I did what I did with that).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Cookies and love and all that to whoever can point out the irony in this screenshot I took today.
          Attached Files

Comment

• ......Twilight sucks!! with the advertisement right above it.

Oh my dog.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

• I thought it would be the DUDE who wrote it

strange I thought Stephanie was a girls name
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• Made me chuckle. Here's your cookies and love. *hands you tangible, edible proof of cookies and love*

Comment

• So has anyone seen the movie yet for amusement value? I'm planning on finding a safe way for Kaetchen and I to see it while slightly under the influence of alcohol (only slightly) just for giggles.
                  "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

• The Twilight series makes me RAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE more than anything else, but Breaking Dawn in the worst of the worst.

Breaking Dawn is something like this: I'm Bella, and I'm perfect, and I'm married. Then, my new husband is so violent during sex that I pass out. Then I'm preggers with my hellspawn child, who drinks my blood and breaks my bones and oh no I won't get an abortion and what the hell vampires are dead they can't have kids lol wut? Oh noes I am having mah baby, Edward has to USE HIS TEETH to rip my demonspawn out of me. Then I am a vampire and there is supposed to be a climax but nothing really happens and this dude who had a crush on me is now a pedophile because he's 'imprinted' on my baby, who will, btw, grow up in like 4 years. Also, my baby has magical special powers, and she charms and enchants everyone who sees her, kinda like me! And nothing bad will ever happen again because I am rich and beautiful and immortal and have absolutely NO VULNERABILITIES THAT A VAMPIRE SHOULD HAVE except that I am an idiot.

Comment

• Check this out, folks...

it is especially lulzy

Comment

• In the past weekend I had to watch the movie “Twilight” twice. Pity me.

The guy I’m dating suggested the movie because he “knew I liked fantasy stuff and it’s about vampires.” He sounded so proud of himself I couldn’t say no. And then my best friend got upset because she wanted to make fun of it with me; so I ended up seeing it twice. At full price, mind you.

I propose a drinking game to help anyone else who gets blackmailed into seeing it: every time someone stares soulfully/darkly/ angtsily/etc. have a sip of the drink of your choice. Have a shot every time someone comments on some (flattering) physical trait of Bella’s.
                        You will get drunk – I tried to count how many times either Bella or Edward stared at each other and I lost count after 26 times in the first 15 minutes.

The kicker? Both the guy I’m dating and my best friend’s boyfried LOVED the movie. My friend and I are reconsidering our choices in men.

Comment

• I haven't read the books, and don't plan to. The effect it seems to have on its fans is enough to turn me off. It's worse than Harry Potter in that respect. Another site I frequent seems to be stuffed to the gills with Twilight fans, and it's getting to be impossible to find roleplays that don't involve it... Heavens to Murgatroid on a stick, it makes me want to strangle them (or at least lock them in a room with some good fantasy books until they see the error of their ways).
                          Random Doctor Who quote:
                          "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
                          I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

• Quoth Thuringwethyl View Post
                            In the past weekend I had to watch the movie “Twilight” twice. Both the guy I’m dating and my best friend’s boyfried LOVED the movie. My friend and I are reconsidering our choices in men.
                            My sincerest condolences.

I think a recent episode of South Park summed up the whole Twi-tarded craze quite nicely: "If you smoke and drink a really, really lot of coffee and just hate life, you're a goth kid. But if you wear black and sparkles and drink lame vegetable juice, then you're just a stupid douchebag wannabe vampire boner!" (paraphrased to the best of my memory)
                            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

• I so need to watch that South Park episode now.

Broom, please don't kill me for my bad taste in TV. But you have to understand, I hate Twilight, so this should rank right up there with the crap they did for High School Musical or, god help us, the WoW episode. <3
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• If I were to name one reason why my friend broke up with me, I'd say "TWILIGHT"...

Mostly because she took the damned books so fucking seriously -- like it was a fucking omen of things to come. I just started tuning her out and at one point I said 'He who goes looking for signs finds them, even if they're not entirely there."

Bah. Seriously. FUCKING EH!
                                "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Working...
                                X