X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lil Bunny View Post
    is it ok just to send a plain ole card?
    Of course.

When I've been part of this, I sent plain, store bought cards. I don't think anyone was disappointed.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      Oh, so USPS might think it's strange to mail letters to an Evil Queen, a Jester, a RetailWorkhorse, a Juwl?
      Or an I.P Freleigh, even.

I used the poster's real name on the envelope and their CS name inside the card.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Or an I.P Freleigh, even.

I used the poster's real name on the envelope and their CS name inside the card.

I don't know, the kinds of things people name their kids these days it probably wouldn't faze them much.....

I think a couple people last year only used their screen name...I address the envelope to whatever the list says, and I sign with my real name and my screen name in parenthases. Off to send a PM!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Cards do not have to be homemade, nor do they need to be store bought.

If one cannot afford cards, or if one has artistic ability and the time to put in, then handmade cards are fine.

If one can afford cards or does not have the time to put into homemade ones, then store bought cards are fine.

Cards do not have to be premium quality, top of the line cards. They can be from a dollar store, even.

It doesn't matter.

It's not about the quality or source of the actual card. It's about the thought behind them, and the fellowship of sending them.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

To add to Ree's last post, last year at least one or two people printed their cards on regular computer paper and folded them up. If you want to make cards and have no artistic ability, clipart is your friend

Seeing as how I worked in the bookstore for so long, I had quite a collection of cards that I snapped up at 50-75% off after Christmases past, so I used a lot of them up last year. I'm cheap that way. Plus people got all different kinds of cards. I still have some left but probably not enough.

I've also been known to get blank cards, print out some fun graphics on the computer and use rubber cement to put them on the card.
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 09-15-2008, 02:18 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Last year was absolutely, incredibly, absolutely AWFUL for the hubs and I. It was our first Yule as a couple and his first Christmas away from his folks. And although I had already moved out of my Mom's place two years prior, it was the first time I was too far away from her to actually visit.

We had a piddly little tree from Target that we took out a thirty dollar loan for.

This year, we both have jobs and have a new apartment... we're in such an amazing head/heart space I want to share it with all of you. I just sent in my info and I'm telling you now, I am totally dedicating my office wall to these cards. Even if we get just four cards, it'd be a great improvement from the two we got last year and I'm such a hoarder that I follow in my mum's footsteps: I save my cards from year to year and put them up on the wall in bulk until I can't do it anymore.

Like Ree said, it is the thought that matters.

As I said prior, last year we were so broke, I used a sharpie and some excess butcher paper the neighbor had. I sat down and sketched out all these cards. I sent them out late (Like, after New Years late due to financial issues) but I sent them out. I got calls from family shortly after just bawling about the gesture. His little brother loved the card I made him and expressed he enjoyed the card despite its lateness a lot better than the two minute phone call he got on Christmas.

Heck, even the card I sent my FIL got a very heart-welcomed "Thank you" and he isn't quite fond of me to begin with.

Anyhow, I best get crackin'.
              "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I knew this would be coming up again soon, so I went ahead and just sent a PM to you JAM with my updated information, as by the time the list goes out I'll be in my new house.

If for some reason you didn't get the PM, let me know and I'll resend.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Info sent!

I"m warning you now, there will probably be insects associated with m Christmas cards.

Nothing say Christmas quite like a ladybug with Christmas tree-shaped spots! Right?

Comment

Quoth Igorina View Post
                    Info sent!

I"m warning you now, there will probably be insects associated with m Christmas cards.

Nothing say Christmas quite like a ladybug with Christmas tree-shaped spots! Right?
                    As long as there are no actual insects in the card, I can deal with that...

Comment

I shall be in again. Last time, a few years ago, I left CS after sign up, before Christmas. Even though I notified JM and requested no cards, and this was sent to all members, I still received several from some wonderful CSers. Time to return the favour.

Mine may not be Christmassy. I have some generic cards I can use up. I will also quite likely get summer scene Christmas cards for the rest - as that's our Christmas season. They'll look odd next to your snow and ice ones from your local friends.

Comment

Yay! I just signed up, myself.

I've read about this every year, and I'm finally gonna join in the fun. I debated doing it last year, but I figured my BF would be too paranoid about me giving any info out...so I didn't.

This year, he's out of the picture (sadly) but my parents aren't as paranoid, so I'm game!

I can hardly wait to pick out the cards I want to send, and I'm especially looking forward to the cards from other countries! How cool!

I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I just sent my info in . . . complete with the new mailing address (we should be in there by the time the cards get sent out)

I don't think Mr. DGoddess will mind too much . . . he knows about CS and the annual card list, so I don't see anything to worry over.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            I just sent my info in
                            YAYYYYYYYYYYY

I love the cards you send!!
                            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Im sorry Im just sooooooo excited, I LOOOOURVEEEE getting mail and christmas cards are like mail times 100

I went out and brought my cards today, I just couldnt contain myself

I brought 60 cards in packs of ten because then I would have enough for family/friends etc they mostly old fashioned nostelgia cards and a few cat/dog ones thrown in for people I know are animal lovers.

Yay I love christmas, can you tell, its like im a little kid again, oh oh oh 40 cards in the mail I could just DIE!!!!
                              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

Yay I love christmas, can you tell, its like im a little kid again, oh oh oh 40 cards in the mail I could just DIE!!!!

Hehe, while I'm not rushing out to buy cards quite yet, I am excited that I will get them all at my apartment. Last year I moved in November and it was too late to change my address so they all went to my parents' house and I had to wait until I was able to go pick them up. My mom would tell me, "you've got cards from *here* and *there*" and I couldn't open them right away!! (Although it was kinda fun trying to figure out from the name and return address who it was from, since most people didn't put their screen name on the return address.)

This year I expect my mailbox to be stuffed (don't worry, it's not very big)

Comment

Working...
                                X