This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Jeez, is Obama our next President, or is he just another brand?
    A brand. People should have thought about it before voting.

Comment

we have a local real estate agent who has a saying
      I sell more because I advertise more
      he advertises EVERYWHERE, almost every single bus stop in town, on the local tv channels, local papers you cant get away from him.

Heres the thing though, he only ever advertises HIMSELF, never his properties (you have to call him or look at his website for that) in every single advertisement it is just his stupid saying and his big cheesy mug... thats it
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Keep the politics and polemics for Fratching, folks.

And now back to your regularly-scheduled thread. Thanks.
        Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          --ShamWow. Mom is convinced that the carpet test that guy does has some quick-change stuff going on.
          I think that too; it would be more impressive if there were no cuts. I also suspect that the film is being run backward on the part where he dries his arm. In other words, he was actually wetting his arm with the cloth.

And what's with the headset?
          The guy's probably not literate enough to read cue cards, and they had to feed the script to him somehow.

Quoth blas87 View Post
          Don't throw anything.....

But....

I really do like that one McDonalds commercial that's supposed to imitate like an R&B music video...."Girl I know that u been creeeepin...." his gf snuck off to McDonalds and comes back inside to eat McNuggets.....the rain, the beat of the song.....it's hilarious.
          I like that one that one too, mainly for the line "You got a ten piece girl, don't be stingy."

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
            I think that too; it would be more impressive if there were no cuts. I also suspect that the film is being run backward on the part where he dries his arm. In other words, he was actually wetting his arm with the cloth.
            Now that you mention it, that bit of the commercial does look a bit odd.

Any time I hear "real time" with a movie/TV camera being used, I tend to not believe it unless there's a time code. Oh yeah, and no cuts.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
              I also suspect that the film is being run backward on the part where he dries his arm. In other words, he was actually wetting his arm with the cloth.
              I can't vouch for the soda thing as, well, I've never wanted to risk destroying my carpet, but I can say that Daughter spilled an entire glass of milk on my wood floor and putting a full one of those things on top of it and then wiping to the center to pick it up got all the milk. One more swipe got the left over residue.

And we take it to the pool cause literally one, MAYBE two, pass overs with one of those things and Daughter is completely dry (except, of course, her suit -- and wrap it around her for a minute and it gets lots of that water).

Those things are seriously extremely absorbent.
              I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

The ol' arm hair drying like that just makes me skeptical cuz... Ah, I've been tricked into revealing to much about myself. Well played.

Comment

Aw jeez, how could I forget the FCR commercials?

Or as I call it, F-R-E-E, not really, credit report dot com bay-bee!
                  A guy came into my computer lab yesterday claiming he was the one who wrote those jingles. I really don't think he was altogether there to begin with, else he wouldn't be admitting to such a travasty.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Have I mentioned yet how much I want a Snuggie?

I do...and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

So there.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

--ShamWow. Mom is convinced that the carpet test that guy does has some quick-change stuff going on.
                      I have no personal experience with those things, but I was a broadcasting major and am a magician, so I know how to work magic in two different ways when it comes to tv commercials. And to be quite honest, I have seen nothing in those (admittedly annoying) commercials that would lead me to believe they are showing you anything false.

Quoth persephone View Post
                      Those things are seriously extremely absorbent.
                      And since Persephone HAS them, and attests to their ridiculous absorption powers, I would have to say my eyes have not deceived me.

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      First, ever notice how people in commercials play the lamest games in history? What is he even playing there? Barney's Shoot 'em Down Adventure? Put that guy in front of 1942 and his pants would explode from shitting himself. "Oh, god! They're moving and shooting back! Help!"
                      You would LOVE me. What computer/video game do I play at home?

Minesweeper. Constantly.

Laugh. Scoff if you will. But I challenge anyone here to actually beat me at that damn game!

I want to beat them with a pickel loaf.
                      Okay, what in the flying feral ferret is a frickin' pickle loaf? Seriously.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      but you've impressed us all so many times in the past.
                      Oh yes, I have. But just because I HAVE impressed you doesn't mean that I am here merely TO impress you. There is, my friend, and important difference there.

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                      we have a local real estate agent who has a saying
                      I sell more because I advertise more
                      he advertises EVERYWHERE, almost every single bus stop in town, on the local tv channels, local papers you cant get away from him.

Heres the thing though, he only ever advertises HIMSELF, never his properties (you have to call him or look at his website for that) in every single advertisement it is just his stupid saying and his big cheesy mug... thats it
                      Hmmm....hate to say it, but perhaps he's RIGHT. From what you say, apparently he is. Just saying.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

I'll believe that the sham-wow is extremely absorbant. BUT, I will also say that there was some cutting in the commercial.

Why?

When he pours the soda on the carpet, it leaks through, making a running puddle. You can see it spreading right in front of the carpet square.

Then all of a sudden, it's gone. No more puddle.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry-humped.
                          Irv - I am totally going to quote this as my new signature - too funny!
                          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Okay, what in the flying feral ferret is a frickin' pickle loaf? Seriously.
                            This is pickle loaf. Fear it, for it is mighty in laying the smackdown on both fools and lower GI tracts.

And mine sweeper is a perfecly valid game. There is skill and thought involved. No problems from me on that one. Hell, I'm the guy who was accused of being a "Cataan Shark" (like a pool shark, I guess. Ranked game) the other night on Xbox Live. Cataan is not known for its wild action-packed dice rolls. Unless the dice caroom off the robber or something.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

This is pickle loaf. Fear it, for it is mighty in laying the smackdown on both fools and lower GI tracts.

People actually eat that? Let alone pay money for it? ewwwwwwwwwww
                              http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Wendy's commercials, esp the the radio ones annoy the hell outa me esp their baconator one: "vegetarians eat vegetables, but what about those that love meat? we will call them meatatarians!"

GAHHH!!!!! they already have a word like that: Carnivore!!!!!
                                and the worst part is I hear it at least... 18 times a day... really need to bring my Ipod to work..

(goes to hunt for drinks and cookies)
                                Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                                pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
                                X