This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post

That Simpsons episode is one of my favorites. "The fingers you have used to dial this number are too fat. Please hang up and try again..."
    Swing and a miss Goose.

"To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now!"
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Swing and a miss Goose.

BAH! You beat me to it!
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Swing and a miss Goose.

DAMMIT! I knew it was something along those lines! I miss the days when i could watch Simpsons reruns after school.

How 'bout the movie theater manager that said he would treat Homer to a garbage bag full of popcorn if he didn't sit in the aisle?
        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

DAMMIT! I knew it was something along those lines! I miss the days when i could watch Simpsons reruns after school.

How 'bout the movie theater manager that said he would treat Homer to a garbage bag full of popcorn if he didn't sit in the aisle?
          Or using the drinking bird to repeatedly hit "Y".
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

"Hey fatty! I've got a movie for ya. 'A Fridge Too Far!'"
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

and it's gone straight down the toilet already

IMHO though, I think if you can, try and report it. I'm not from the US, so I'm really not 100% sure about that. Otherwise, just leave it. Like the others have said, she's digging her own grave getting too fat.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

If you have the opportunity to talk to her about it, you could try pointing out that free money means very little when you're in too much pain to enjoy life.

I'd consider reporting it, if only for her sake - if she can't get disability benefits, maybe she'll give weight loss a try instead. Probably not, but I can dream, right?

But from a karmic point of view, she really is letting herself in for a world of pain and misery.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I tried to put that as my voice mail message on my first ever cell phone by holding it up to the television and recording it. Didn't work

"I don't wanna look like a freak! I'll just take the muumuu."

Simpsons quotes aside, this makes me incredibly sad. I've gained quite a bit of weight recently and it's starting to have some bad effects on my body. I can't fathom why a mentally stable person (and perhaps that's the issue here) would purposefully do such harm to themselves, even for economic reasons. If she ever realizes what a mistake she's made, it might be too late to undo the damage.
                  Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

that sounds like the least efficient method of committing suicide i have ever heard of.
                    DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                      ....THAT'S an image I can do without....
                      Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                      Actually ... that makes me want to be Jester's fangirl for some reason.
                      To both of you (and for different reasons) I will point out that I have great legs from years of cycling, not to mention the fact that my job involves me being on my feet and often being QUICK on my feet all day. And said legs are only going to get less lead-like and back to their steely former selves as I cycle more. Sadly, I have not done any cycling since Monday, as I have been sick since Tuesday. Bleah. I hate being sick for so many reasons.

Quoth Lehk View Post
                      that sounds like the least efficient method of committing suicide i have ever heard of.
                      I don't know about that. I would imagine there are other less efficient methods. Like jumping out the window of a one-story building. Or shooting yourself in the head with a water gun. Over-dosing on Tic Tacs? Stabbing yourself with a rubber knife? Hanging yourself with a noose five feet above the floor when you are six feet tall?

Just some thoughts.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        I don't know about that. I would imagine there are other less efficient methods. Like jumping out the window of a one-story building. Or shooting yourself in the head with a water gun. Over-dosing on Tic Tacs? Stabbing yourself with a rubber knife? Hanging yourself with a noose five feet above the floor when you are six feet tall?
                        Those would be merely ineffectual. "Inefficient" would be something that eventually causes the death of the person, but poorly and slowly.

Oh, did I mention I'm a total vocabulary nazi?
                        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          "Oh, crud! Extra-fresh breath!"

*runs away*
                          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                          -----
                          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Hanging yourself with a noose five feet above the floor when you are six feet tall?

Just some thoughts.
                            apparently you've never heard of cases of people hanging themselves from closet rods, bunk beds, and the such.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              apparently you've never heard of cases of people hanging themselves from closet rods, bunk beds, and the such.
                              Don't bother me with details like facts.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X