This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Hit

Again. Re-injured my back. Seems to have pinched a nerve this time too ( Pain straight to the toes. ). So I will be temporarily off work and out of commission this week. ><

It's...frustrating to say the least. Though this time I knew exactly what to do the second I slipped and wrenched it. Which is to say dope self up, crawl into bed and prepare for the next 12 hours of my life to suck balls.

and sucketh hairy globules it did.

That was about 17 hours ago. Just able to sit in a chair now. For a little bit anyway.

Seriously though, incredibly frustrating. I loath being unable to do anything ( Anything constructive anyway ). I mean I can watch things on my Cintiq in bed but there's only so many seasons of Canada's Worst Driver I can get through. ;p

Since I can't lay flat using my laptop isn't really that easy. The Cintiq has its own stand though.

Saw the title and pretty much knew what had happened without reading. Get well soon, dude.

Rapscallion

Comment

Maybe you should take some levels in Rogue until you get uncanny dodge. I doubt ice has that many levels. Or just get some fortification on your clothes.

Seriously, sorry to hear about your back. I hope you heal well and may the happy drugs take you to the pink planes of motorcycle bunnies.
      Last edited by Nurian; 02-20-2009, 10:03 PM.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

geez! again?

hope you feel better soon gk, and hope your furry multi-tentacled flesh eating symbiote lets you rest. (ours love nothing more than a prone and helpless human, so....)

Comment

When I wrench my back, I've found that taking a really hot shower helps a lot. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Ouch. I've hurt my back a couple of times. There's no pain quite like it. Get well soon, GK.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

At least CWB is a good show. They wanted my grandmother to appear on it actually, I might still have their e-mail lying around somewhere.
              Otaku

Comment

Aw. Get better,GK! *sends Vicodin and electric blankets*
                "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

If you need a nursemaid, I'm sure there are a few volunteers around... Mango might even volunteer if you don't ask him to dress up in the little outfit...
                  "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Go see David Kvalheim at Broadway and Oak if you can. He's my latest favourite back guy. Best of luck.

-Mango

PS - me, in the little outfit!? Froglet, WTF?!?

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post
                      PS - me, in the little outfit!? Froglet, WTF?!?
                      I said if he DIDN'T ask you to wear it
                      "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

No Gravekeeeper post this week? What will the fangirls do? Oh, horrors!

Seriously, GK, I hope everything works out. I will suggest that you see a doctor, chiropractor, massage therapist, or someone who knows what the holy Hera they're doing when it comes to backs, because this is bordering on comic tragedy at this point. Honestly, dude, you are far too young to be having this much freakin' trouble with your back. See someone for it, damn it. And I don't mean "watch House on tv." I mean SEE someone.

You're not nearly as much fun to make fun of when you are laid up and whimpering in pain, ya know.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Ooh, ouch ouch! Hope it gets better soon - I'm sending Take-Care Bear Stares off your way!
                          All that glitters has a high refractive index.

The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out.
                          -> Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            You're not nearly as much fun to make fun of when you are laid up and whimpering in pain, ya know.
                            Yes, its not very sporting. I'm a slow moving, easy target at the moment. Honestly, its not even my back so much as the nerve pinching now. It hurts like all motherfark but only in places it logically shouldn't.

Sciatica I believe is the fancy learnin' term. Sucks monkey nuts. Sweaty monkey nuts. After the monkey has been defiling itself in the eyes of the Lord.

Comment

A manager at one of my bars has been suffering from that lately.

But that still doesn't change the fact that you need to go see some sort of professional for this!

As in NOW. Hobble on in, damn it!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X