Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Game (Warning: You are about to lose the game)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game (Warning: You are about to lose the game)

WARNING: You are going to lose the game.

RULE 1: You are playing The Game.
    RULE 2: Whenever you think about The Game, you lose.
    RULE 3: Loss must be announced.

Everyone is playing the game. They always have been and always will be. Participation in a game requires neither consent nor awareness of its existence.

Only when someone has told you about The Game does it become possible to lose, unless you independently create The Game.

The creator of The Game was the first person to realise that he was playing, and was therefore the first person to lose.

Loss is temporary. As soon as you forget about The Game, you start winning again.

It is possible for people to simultaneously lose The Game.

Causing others to lose The Game more than you is the only way to "win" The Game. Strategies usually involve leaving somekind of permanent reminder for others to see. e.g. answerphone messages, MSN pictures, forum posts, signs, graffiti etc.

This is the only rule that can be broken.

You must tell everyone you can that you have lost.

It is possible to explain The Game to someone without realising that you have lost. Whether this counts as cheating or not depends on your interpretation of Rule 2.

Upon loss you must explain the rules of The Game to anyone who is unaware of them.

A warning is required before explaining The Game to others.

You have all lost the game, as have I.
    Otaku

Welcome to 2007. http://www.reallifecomics.com/archive/070924.html
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

So I went to an anime convention recently and there was a skit about the trial of Carmen Sandiego. When asked how it was possible for her to steal impossible things and abstract concepts, she gave an example where she'd promptly steal all the happiness from the auditorium. Of course she simply said, "You've just lost the game," to the anguished cries of the audience.

Many people seemed genuinely bothered by that...

Comment

Working...
      X