Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the vending machine company would stock pop tarts in the vending machine in the breakroom again.

And while I'm dreaming, I'd also like Kellogg's bring back the Watermelon pop tarts. A couple of those cold with a dollop of Cool Whip on top...
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh those were so very yummy...I curse whoever thought they weren't selling well enough. But I beat you Irv...I get mine brought to me. One of my coworkers shares a foil pack with meand I bring a french toast like souflee for her every Saturday for her to serve on Sunday.

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
        One thing you should try is buying some ant bait discs and putting them out in workplace areas where the ants have been seen. The idea is that the ants will take the bait back to the colony to feed everyone, the poison will do its work over the course of a month or 2, and you'll wipe out the whole colony!
        I bought some good ant traps last night and a box of Borax. The trap is on my desk, behind a monitor but underneath the cabinet that the food is in.

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        Okay. I'm quite confused. You state you open the package and its infested. Are you opening the FOIL package or the BOX and finding the infestation? And...the infestation....have you already opened the BOX and then later open the FOIL and find the ants? I mean, not that it makes a difference...an infestation is an infestation...but it could not be happening at the factory and, maybe, be happening at your place of work.

If you are opening the box and then later opening another foil package and finding the ants...maybe they got in after opening the box. But, if you are opening the box, then the foil and finding the infestation...that's interesting. It could be the factory, or since sugar ants are so tiny...it could be they are getting into the boxes from your place of work and then getting into the thin foil.

I would stick to the foil-less packages....the ones where they are the knockoffs and packaged in thicker paper.
        The ants are inside the foil so they are getting into the packaging. I've gone though 6 or 7 cases of Ramen cup-o-soup and one one had ants in it, no ants in any of my oatmeal, breakfast bars, etc.. They're only getting into the pop tarts.

I may look into the Publix brands - sometimes they're just as good as the "real thing" but these were on a BOGO sale when I bought them.

The PopTarts at Sams are wrapped in wax-paper and they never got infested so I'm willing to bet it is a packaging issue.

Quoth Shpepper View Post
        What about storing your Pop Tarts in a Tupperware or Rubbermaid storage container? One of the reusable ones and not the disposable ones. It might be that the ants are actually chewing through the foil to get to what's inside and if they can't smell it anymore, they will leave them alone.
        If I continue to buy them then I may do this but the container would have to be air tight or water proof to keep bugs out.

Quoth Aethian View Post
        I get a poptart every morning on break and have never had this problem...I wonder if it's something to do with your area?
        South Florida = bug haven. We don't have a winter to kill off their numbers and when the rainy season starts they all leave the ground.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
        X