This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
    I thought the sex scenes were pretty gaudy and tacky, even though people said it was supposed to be played as funny. I dunno, it just seemed like it could have been better executed. Or it's just the fact that 16 year old nephew was sitting beside me and that was awkward, perhaps?
    No, I had the same issue with it. They didn't get the right balance, and it just ended up weird. Unfortunate.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Just got back from seeing it. I was kinda disappointed. I love the graphic novel. But the movie...it seemed to have forgotten the point of the novel while trying to emulate it perfectly. The characters were wonderful. And I do agree with how they changed the ending. But between the gratuitous violence and sex and then making the group seem like actual superheros (quicker, faster, better jumping ability...) seemed to throw everything off balance. And take away from the poetic tragedy of the whole thing.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I just watched it and loved it. I agree about the sex scenes, the time could have been used better, but over all, I loved it. Every one was great, Rorschach was amazing though, lol. The man who played Rorschach really nailed the role.
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

Comment

Rorschach - couldn't have found a better actor for it. Not convinced either way about the change at the end - sort of worked.

I think the sex scenes were deliberately awkward because of the nature of the encounter - people together on their first time etc. Laurie only really been with someone out of touch for a long time, and Nite Owl only been with ... a takeaway and his right hand, I guess.

Rapscallion

Comment

My biggest issue with the movie was that in the novel. Rorschach is LEFT HANDED. HOW DARE THEY CAST A RIGHT HANDED ACTOR?????!!!?!?>!>!>??!??!!?!

Just Kidding

All in all, it was awesome. I just don't understand why they changed some of the things they did, like the scene with the dogs and the ending. If anything, they made characters worse than they are.

Without spoiling too much, I like that they touch on Dan's "medical issue" and the Walter/Rorschach conflict.

As far as them being portrayed as having super-powers, only Dr. Manhattan had them really. The movie has an ad that displays Ozzymandias's martial arts technique he created. They all have their own background whether it be military or the street, so i was cool with that. the rest was Hollywood doing what they do with cables.

CH
            Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

I suppose it's passed most people by that Dr Manhattan's wobbly bits were far larger in the movie than the comic book?

Rapscallion (wasn't staring, honest!)

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                I suppose it's passed most people by that Dr Manhattan's wobbly bits were far larger in the movie than the comic book?

Rapscallion (wasn't staring, honest!)
                Sure Raps

I think my first thought on seeing the Big Blue...Thing, was "I've seen bigger."

Other than that, very good movie, nice difference on the superhero perspective (i.e. instead of having damsel-in-distress, good guy rescues damsel-in-distress) and I loved how there were certain flaws in the characters i.e. Dr. Manhattan's lack of emotion, Rorshach's sociopathic tendencies etc. I must admit-I was a little surprised to see Carla Gugino playing an elderly lady.
                I turned away during some of the more gorier scenes (guy getting his wrists sliced included) but all in all, very good. Must admit though...probably the first sex scene in a movie I've actually seen
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X