This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am an IDJIT! (venting)

Seriously, I'm such a moron. I'm so peeved at myself... I don't know where my mind is but it certainly is no longer residing inside my skull.

I go to change the laundry from the washer to the dryer and what do I find?

Ohhh only my frickin' PHONE. The phone that I just got replaced barely a month or two ago because my old one broke!

Now I need to pay another $50 for my "insurance" to get a replacement that isn't even going to be a new phone, but a refurbished one! I really don't get this phone insurance, can someone explain it to me? I understand paying a one-time deductible, but every time I need to get a replacement (first time the phone was just freezing up, no fault of my own; obviously this time it's totally my fault)? I paid $50 (after rebates) for this phone initially!

And of course, the SO is going away for the week so now I have to rely on my crappy home phone (seriously, what's so great about "digital phone"? It sucks!) to talk to him while he's gone.

*whines*cries*

LAMENESS.

I'm sorry for the loss of your phone.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
      I really don't get this phone insurance, can someone explain it to me? I understand paying a one-time deductible, but every time I need to get a replacement (first time the phone was just freezing up, no fault of my own; obviously this time it's totally my fault)? I paid $50 (after rebates) for this phone initially!
      after rebates
      And that's the key phrase. You paid that much with rebates for your phone. You don't get those if you get a new phone mid-contract (if you're on a contract), or there may not be rebates when you get a new phone (if it's pay as you go). It's basically a hedge against not having to pay a couple hundred bucks for the same phone if anything happens.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        And that's the key phrase. You paid that much with rebates for your phone. You don't get those if you get a new phone mid-contract (if you're on a contract), or there may not be rebates when you get a new phone (if it's pay as you go). It's basically a hedge against not having to pay a couple hundred bucks for the same phone if anything happens.
        *sigh*

Okaaay... I guess that make sense.

*pouts*

I'm still peeved about having to pay though...

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post

*pouts*
          Ack! Noooooooo! Not the pouty face! My main weakness! *offers cookies in exchange for no more pouty face!*

Comment

I know the feeling. Been,there done that, got the t-shirt. A few years back I lost my phone on the bus while on my way to a doctor's appointment, not long after getting the replacement, my phone got rained on while I was walking home from work. The worst pat was the fact that my phone was in my purse and I was feet away from the entrance to my neighborhood (it was starting to rain a little hard). Both times I had to pay up and I had insurance, then again it beat paying the actual price for the phone.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Ack! Noooooooo! Not the pouty face! My main weakness! *offers cookies in exchange for no more pouty face!*
              *Raises eyebrows*

*Plots*

Here, CC, if you keep pouting I'll give you more cookies!
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Here, CC, if you keep pouting I'll give you more cookies!
                Dude! What did I ever do to you?!?!?!?!

Comment

It's simple, slightly disturbing, and "mean" even though it's only an opinion.

And I'm not going to tell you what it is, either. So, !

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                    And I'm not going to tell you what it is, either. So, !
                    And like so many others before you who have tried to pique my curiosity, you have underestimated my might powers of uncaringitudedness.

Though it's probably something like "You're cute when you're distressed"

Comment

you have underestimated my might powers of uncaringitudedness.

1. While fearsome though those might powers be, is that even a word...?

and

2. well, you ARE.

Comment

My brother has washed his business phone 4 times. My daughter dropped my phone in a puddle and luckily I only had to replace the battery.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                          1. While fearsome though those might powers be, is that even a word...?

and

2. well, you ARE.
                          1. Of course it is (not) a word, but my powers be so awesomeizing that they have MADE it a word.

2. I think you need glasses, 'cause me and cute don't even have a passing acquaintance.

Comment

I sympathize. I just cost myself $42.50 in NSF bank fees because I went to pay for something with PayPal, didn't have quite enough in the Paypal account, and screwed up the payment method for the remaining $1.26. I knew my chequing account (which is linked to Paypal) was right down to the wire so I tried to pay with Mastercard. Only I somehow picked MC as my *backup* payment method - which meant they tried to take it out of my (already overdrawn) bank account.

Dammit, I needed that $43, too! That was earmarked for a massage to get rid of the awesome tension headache I've had for a month. Now I only have enough left from my paycheque to pay rent and get the cats food and litter. (Yes, that is the order here. Rent, then kitty necessities, then food/medication/etc for me...)

Comment

Okay, uh, ICK NO.

You ain't THAT cute.

Comment

Working...
                              X