Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't have many photos of my culinary successes, except for 1. The Strawberry Thing

I started with the intentions of making a cheesecake. Whipped the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, etc. Was about to grab eggs from the fridge, when I saw I had whipping cream that was going to expire within a week. so I figure, what the hell, let's experiment!

Whipped the cream, folded it into the cheesecake mixture.

Grabbed some strawberries, and made a sauce, saving a few whole ones. I sugared those and let them sit and sweeten as garnish. so far, so good, right? But what do I DO with all this stuff??

a ha!! I have leftover ladyfinger cookies from my last batch, and a springform pan ready to go for the cheesecake (except I hadn't set up the crust yet...) so let's start layering and see what happens! the result? something that's not quite a cheesecake, not quite a torte, not quite a trifle, but a strange amalgam of them all.

A Strawberry Thing.

Pretty damn tasty, if'n I do say so myself. I know I've had several people ask me to make it for them, so I think I did good!

Comment

My artichoke pie/quiche was a big hit (I'm not sure if mom was more impressed with the way it came out, or that I was actually cooking). I had to make a few modifications to the original recipe (I think the pie shell used originally was smaller than the ones I found),

ARTICHOKE PIE

1 frozen pie shell
      1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
      1/2 cup pepperoni, diced
      1/4 cup grated cheese (I used cheddar, mom suggested moz after the fact but the cheddar came out really well)
      1/2 can artichokes, diced (I removed the tougher outer leaves)
      4 eggs, beaten (I used 5 and that filled a 9" pie shell perfectly)

Mix all ingredients together, pour into pie shell and bake at 350 F 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

There's this "pot dinner" I make on occasion.
        1 head cabage(quartered so the leaves stay together), 4-5 potatoes cut in half, several carrots chopped in 3-4 pieces, and a whole think of smoked sausage.
        I've fed it to cabbage haters and they wolfed it down.

Here in Hawaii its hard to find smoked sausage and what I found I'm hoping is good.(I plan to make it this week.)

Comment

Tonight I'm going to be making walnut encrusted tilapia filets. I've done nut crusts on things before, but instead of just doing an egg dip to help them stick, tonight I'm going to try making something closer to a batter. I'm going to be using an egg and enough coconut flour to make a (hopefully) sticky paste to help the walnut pieces adhere to the filets. Then I'll bake the filets, probably at 350.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Bacon Carbonara. Yes, this is my recipezaar account.

Cakes pictures on my PhotoBucket account. You can browse around and see my more recent beach pictures too if you want.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
            X