This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzurah!

COULD hunt down a March Madness thread I suppose, but then my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MIZZOU

might get lost in the crowd. Chance of advancement? Not really, but they're Arizona bound anyway.

They took down the Marquette WarriorsGigglesGoldGolden Eagles. Good for them.

Takes a bit of the sting out of the Badgers losing.

Somewhat off topic, but it's been a really shitty year for Wisconsin sports teams. The Packers sucked, Wisconsin football and basketball wasn't so hot, I don't care much for Marquette anyway, and the Milwaukee SBucks are irrelevant as usual.

Only the Brewers making the playoffs salvaged things.

I'm thinking somebody invoked a voodoo curse or something to get the Brewers into the playoffs at the expense of all the other teams. I blame Becks and Bella for that.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

HMPH.

ROOOOOOOCK CHAAAAAAAAAALK JAAAAAAAYHAAWWK KUUUUUUUUUUU
      ROOOOOOOCK CHAAAAAAAAAALK JAAAAAAAYHAAWWK KUUUUUUUUUUU
      ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!
      ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!
      ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!!!!!!!

And I have two words - triple double!!
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

I'm thinking somebody invoked a voodoo curse or something to get the Brewers into the playoffs at the expense of all the other teams. I blame Becks and Bella for that.
        I sincerely wish I could take the credit for it. I really do.

But I can't.

Maybe it was Becks.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          COULD hunt down a March Madness thread I suppose, but then my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MIZZOU

might get lost in the crowd. Chance of advancement? Not really, but they're Arizona bound anyway.

maybe the almost ghost of Norm Steward is smiling. those were the glory years
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

as a former resident of KC, I can't wait to see Mizzou beat Memphis, and the KU team that lost to Baylor show up in the next round.
            They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Quoth pssorens View Post
              as a former resident of KC, I can't wait to see Mizzou beat Memphis, and the KU team that lost to Baylor show up in the next round.
              Don't you mean "the KU team that just kicked the pants off Dayton"? Hey, I'd love to see a Mizzou/KU showdown, too. I'm actually glad the 'Hawks are doing so well (where is all this school spirit coming from?!) since they lost all but one of their starters from last year to the NBA. Bill Self has definitely lined himself up for Coach of the Year.

pssorens, there are quite a few Jayhawk fans in KC, too, at least from my memory. Heck, folks in KC have to root for the Tigers and Jayhawks, it's less depressing than trying to be a Chiefs or Royals fan.

Comment

They took down the Marquette WarriorsGigglesGoldGolden Eagles.
                But not nearly as strongly as I would have liked.

Somewhat off topic, but it's been a really shitty year for Wisconsin sports teams.
                The Phoenix looked great until what I gather is a perennial end-of-year fade.

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!!!!!!!
                And I have two words - triple double!!
                How did I know you'd chime in on this?

Yeah, Aldrich really stepped up. (Side note: I can see outside man Collins' talent - a few blocks from the United Center? He'd have to be pentapalegic to not play ball But a kid from small town Minnesota? It's a whacky world.)

Unlike many (most) Mizzou fans, I have no problem jeerCHEERing the 'hawks on once the tigers drop out. And I've been to Allen a couple of times; Rock Chalk is a truly awesome cheer.

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                I'm actually glad the 'Hawks are doing so well (where is all this school spirit coming from?!)
                uhm. Repeat fever?

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                maybe the almost ghost of Norm Stewart is smiling. those were the glory years
                Although I liked Stormin' Norman a lot, he never quite got the hang of what being in the big dance did for a school. He did what the alums of the day wanted - beat KU at home, beat KU in Lawrence, and take the occasional Big Eight Championship. (Yes AdminAssistant, that IS in order of importance )

Quoth pssorens View Post
                Memphis looked awfully strong against the terps (The first team of any sort that I ever rooted for back in the sixties - to be followed by the Redskins and the Washington Senators. It's a wonder my little spirit wasn't completely crushed.) If Mizzou pulls another fade down the stretch, it'll be a problem. I didn't see the Baylor - 'hawks games. I know they split on the season... bad showing?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  How did I know you'd chime in on this?

Yeah, Aldrich really stepped up. (Side note: I can see outside man Collins' talent - a few blocks from the United Center? He'd have to be pentapalegic to not play ball But a kid from small town Minnesota? It's a whacky world.)

Unlike many (most) Mizzou fans, I have no problem jeerCHEERing the 'hawks on once the tigers drop out. And I've been to Allen a couple of times; Rock Chalk is a truly awesome cheer.
                  The Rock Chalk chant is just.....eerie. Didn't go to a game this year (NO time), but I'm going to try at some point during my time here.

Comment

You make it sound like a BAD thing.

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                    Maybe it was Becks.
                    I think it's safe for me to admit-- I *might have had a little bit to do with it.

Maybe.

Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

you do have to admit though, it's a lot of fun to tease the other side in the border war. considering at one point it was an actual war. Heck, my sister's a jayhawk fan. i'll have to break it to her that some of our ancestors burned down Lawerence.

But after the Quinn Snyder/Rickey Clemmons and Paige Arena fasico's it's nice to have something even more embrassing to rib KU fans about; You lost to Baylor
                      They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        Memphis looked awfully strong against the terps If Mizzou pulls another fade down the stretch, it'll be a problem.

I am happy to eat my words at this point.

28 03 09 - Good run Mizzou. Go........ erk. I don't know who to root for in the FF.
                        Last edited by sms001; 03-29-2009, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X