Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*speechless* What do I do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Amina516
    replied
    With your sister being 20, your mom *could* kick her out the house. As for the stolen money, call the cops. Thats ridiculous that your mom or stepdad whould have to deal with an immature "adult" like that.

    And she better grow up before she gets an STD that incurable and debilitating.

    What are the pregnancy tests for is she only met this dude on Thursday? They wont be positive for a while anyways. (And I highly doubt shes stealing money for pregnancy tests anyway, shes probably into some other stuff ie. drugs, or its for the guy(s). )

    Sorry, tough love is the way to go sometimes. (IMO only!!)

    Leave a comment:


  • One-Fang
    replied
    I'd probably sit her down for a chat. Tell her first that yes, she's an adult, and yes, she's entitled to act however she wants, and she's still entitled to after this chat, you just want some time first to discuss some issues around what she's doing, and then she can still make up her own mind.

    Then I'd go into STDs, being a welfare case the rest of your life, and the positive aspects of a job, money, freedom, with no governmental or child hangups holding you back. And the freedom to continue to have sex with whoever you want because you're not infected with something that makes it a felony for you to have sex with anyone. I wouldn't mention dying of AIDS because that's like sooo OTT, y'no?

    Then yeah, let her make her own mind up. If she still wants to aim for being a welfare case, there's not a lot you can do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gerrinson
    replied
    Let me say, at the start, that I'm an a**hole. To me, this is clearly a case for tough love.

    Your sister is clearly either willingly self-destructive or just doesn't care. And stealing money to support this particular habit.

    Either way, my advice is to boot her the hell out. You want to be an adult? Congrats, you're an adult. That means you need to find your own place to live and support yourself, effective immediately. Enjoy!

    If your parents aren't willing to do that, then there's little more they can do for her besides catching her in the act of stealing and having her arrested. Getting arrested because your parents called the police on you might be enough of a wake up call. I'm pessimistic enough to say it won't, but I'm negative like that.
    Last edited by Gerrinson; 03-25-2009, 06:30 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sliceanddice
    replied
    um pregnancy test?
    shes trying to get pregnant
    .... i really dont want to point out what that means...

    Leave a comment:


  • Greenday
    replied
    Ask her that if you buy her some condoms, would she at least use them? BC might be a good suggestion too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Evil Queen
    replied
    She's going to wind up making a BIG MISTAKE, at which point she'll grow up (hopefully). Since she doesn't seem to be able to listen to reason, it looks like you are stuck having to wait until BIG MISTAKE smacks her on the back of the head and screams "GROW UP!" at her.

    Not the best of ways to learn the hard way, but it seems to work for so many. <sigh>

    Leave a comment:


  • HorrorFrogPrincess
    replied
    I agree with CrazyLegs. Not much you can do, and she wouldn't listen anyway.

    Though if it was MY sister (who is 2 years older than me and only has protected sex), I'd tell her she's a damn moron and any diseases she gets are due to her own idiocy.

    Then just wait for her to wise up or get in trouble (sick or pregnant) and hope she learns her lesson.

    Here's hoping she doesn't catch something deadly/incurable.

    Leave a comment:


  • crazylegs
    replied
    There isn't a great deal you can do unfortunately, she is legally an adult and is entitled to make whatever mistakes she so chooses. All you can do is be there to help pick up the pieces.

    Leave a comment:


  • orcprincess
    started a topic *speechless* What do I do?

    *speechless* What do I do?

    Wow. I am just speechless right now. So my mom calls me yesterday. Tells me they have found out that my sister is having unprotected sex in the house with some guy she met on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is also stealing money to buy, nope, not condoms, pregnancy tests!!!!!! Her reasoning??? Because she is an adult. Yes. She is 20. Big deal. I mean, with every disease out there, and she doesn't know this guy, and she just doesn't care!

    We have told her previously just to just focus on trying to find a job, or try to go to school....anything. Nope. She does this instead!!! I just don't know. I am angry, sad, scared. My poor stepdad can't even be angry with her because he is sick with liver complications.

    I just needed to get this out, and off my chest.

    Thanks.
Working...
X