This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Trip!! (long)

So as mentioned in my Tale of the Spazzoids, I went to Chicago for my Senior Trip. We left Sunday and came home very early Wednesday morning. I was too tired yesterday to post about it, as I had to go to work a few hours after arriving home.

Day One

I spent the night at my grandparent's house the night before since they lived right across the street from where we were all meeting. I woke up around 6:30 am to get ready. I had to get all dressed up for the brunch cruise we were going on right when we got there.

At 7:40 we left. Some time later, we stopped at an Oasis and ate some breakfast at a McDonald's (I CAN'T ESCAPE!! )

We drove for about 3 hours, singing to the cds that one girl made, cracked jokes, and laughed.

When we arrived in Chicago, we went directly to Navy Pier. We were still early for the cruise, so we broke up into little groups and walked around and shopped.

We met back up and boarded the ship called Oddessy II. It was SO beautiful! Everything was so elegant. There was a buffet and the dessert table had a chocolate fountain in the center. There was a two man band playing soft music.

The food was AMAZING! The view of the harbor was so breathtaking.

After the cruise, we went to our hotel and unpacked. As we settled in, one of the girls told us that the cahperones played a trick on the guys. At the meeting, the guys had joked around about wearing mini skirts,fishnets and belly shirts. So, the chaperones gathered old girls clothes and bought cheap girl toys and put all of those in the guys' suitcases and took out their clothes. Right after we laughed about it, we heard a knock on the door. I looked through the peephole and there was one of the boys.

I answered the door and in his hand was a rubber snake.

"Who did this?!"

He led us to the boys' room, where their suitcases were open and our eyes were assaulted with pink clothing. The six girls cracked up. The chaperones came in and cracked up.

"You girls better not sleep tonight! Don't wear good clothes tomorrow! We are so going to get you!"

A few hours later, we got ready to go to Tommy Gun's Dinner Theater. We walked out and to surprise us, our class advisor arranged a limo for us! The nine of us teens fit in the long seat and the four adults sat in the other four seats.

Tommy Gun's is set in the 1920's and the guys dress like gangsters and the girls dress like flappers. The guys "hit on" the female guests and insult the male guests. They picked on our resident redhead because he was wearing a pink and white stripped shirt. They picked on "bean" because his hair was gelled all over. One guy said "His hair isn't teased. It's pissed." If someone had their cellphone out, they pointed their guns at it and said "What is that? Put it away!"

When the show started, they went over the rules and this part, I thought of everyone here. The guy who was talking about the rules had a real gun with blanks.

"This is 1929. There are no such things as cellphones and pagers. If anything beeps,buzzes, or goes off..." He shot his gun into the air. "This goes off!"

It was a good show. It was good clean fun. The singing,the dancing, and the acting was spectacular. The people never broke character. The food was pretty good.

We went back to our hotel in the limo and settled down for the night. I was the first to fall asleep.

Day Two

I was the first to wake up at 6:30. I decided some breakfast was in order in the cafe attached to the hotel. I showered,dress,fixed my hair and did my makeup and walked down.

The chaperones weren't there, even though they said they would be. I parked myself at the counter and ate a good breakfast. The chaperones arrived,surprised that a teen was up. I finished my breakfast and sat down with them and drank coffee. I then tried the orange juice and it was GREAT! Freshly squeezed oj is AWESOME!!

After everyone got up and ready, we went to Dave and Buster's for lunch. Food was great and the games were fun.

We got back to the hotel and were suppoed to leave for a steakhouse, but we were all so sick from eating so much, we cancelled that. Some of us went shopping. We walked to Michigan Avenue and walked our meals off.

When we got back, we all got ready to go see the Blue Man Group.

I LOVED IT! The music and the comedy were just FANTASTIC! I got sprayed with chewed up Captain Crunch. So gross.

We went back to the hotel and decided we were hungry. Not too far was the original McD's. We walked there.

"The mothership is calling me home!!" I said.

We ate and came back and settled for the night. Again, I was the first to fall asleep as we watched The Ruins.

Day Three

I awoke first, got ready, and went downstairs to get breakfast. When I got back up, I pakced everything,rechecked for any left behind items and put my suitcase in the van.

We all walked to Dick's Sporting Goods. The class advisor told us that we had enough money for each of us to spend $55. I bought a few things, including my mom's birthday gift.

We went to Gino's on east and colored on the walls. All it took was two pieces of their Meaty Legend deep dish and I was full. The guys gorged themselves, even though they were full.

We then got ourselves to the Bulls vs Pistons game. We got to go to the center court and get our picture taken. As I looked around, Sara Stokes (winner of Making the Band) and I made eye contact and she waved at me.

On the scoreboard, it said "Welcome S**** B***** High School Class of 2009." During the game, Benny the Bull came up to us and gave us souveneirs. As I looked back at him, I got sprayed full on in the face with silly string. We kept being assaulted with silly string for a bit and he left us.

After the game, we drive home. It was very early in the morning and I had to go to work in a few hours. The van dropped me off at home and I was greeted by my sister.

I had tons of fun. I will never forget. I got pictures and little mementos for a scrapbook. I am so grateful we even got a trip because we weren't supposed to have one. The class of 2006 almost ruined it for us. We only had nine people do fundraisers. Everyone else in our class made fun of the whole idea. The week before the trip, people were asking if they could go now. We told them hell no,since they didn't do any fundraisers and were making fun of the fact we were going to Chicago just days ago. I'm glad we had a small group. It meant alot more.

As a side note and totally off topic: I am rid of the guy I was dating because he wouldn't stop when I said stop during sex.

I am having a long distance relationship with one of our fellow posters, Plaidman.

"Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Hon, I'm really glad you had a good time I remember my class trip, and the highlight was our trip to Cracow (I went to high school in Israel, so our senior class trip was in Poland). It was awesome and I agree, small groups are the best when it comes to that kind of thing. You can do a LOT more with small groups

Also good to hear you got rid of a turd monkey

Comment

Your trip sounds awesome!

Im jealous..I got to go nowhere my senior year...

Glad you had a great time.

Comment

Did the guys ever attempt to get back at the girls for the prank?

I never went on my class trip. I think it was because the place we were going was a place I have been to many times before, and didn't want to go again. But I did go on all my choir trips, which were fun! Atlanta, and New York City!
        "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Quoth Monica View Post
          Did the guys ever attempt to get back at the girls for the prank?
          No. I showed them an eyebrow trimmer I had and said "Do anything and you wake up with no eyebrows."

They found out the chaperones did it anyway.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

Comment

So only 9 kids went? How many kids are in your class?

Comment

I'm not too sure. Can't be more than 50. We only have 300 kids in teh school.

Comment

Glad you had a great time on your trip! I didn't go on mine (we call it Grad Nite) since I've been to Epcot/Disney World before and that's were it tends to be (particularly the pleasure island area). A couple of idiots (unfortunately from my class..) made history to be the first seniors in my (now) alma mater to get banned from Disney/Epcot because they tried and failed with sneaking booze in the park.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                X