This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going home! (Maybe...)

So today, as I nursed a legendary hangover from a legendary weekend, I got a call from my friend Cat. Cat, it seems, is getting married. Again. She says this is definitely the one. Again. I have lost track of how many husbands she's had. Three? Four? Something like that. I have never been to any of her weddings--they are always Somewhere Else--but this one is going to be in Salt Lake City, where her (current) fiance's mother lives.

Salt Lake City is a mere 12 hour drive from Phoenix. HOME! Where I haven't been in three years!

So hopefully I shall be winging it out to the desert in a month, and seeing the folks and friends, eating real Mexican food, drinking some of Arizona's finer microbrews, maybe taking in a Diamondbacks game with some buddies, and driving up to SLC for a wedding. AND Cat will be paying for my rental car. Why? Simple...it's cheaper to pay for a rental car and have me drive her brother and his wife to and from SLC (they live in Phoenix) than to pay for their airfares, which was what she was going to do as they can't afford it themselves. So free rental car, free lodging in Phoenix (parents, friends, etc.), possibly free lodging in SLC (Cat will look into that for me, as I don't know anyone there) and airfare is pretty reasonable it seems.

So, why is this a "maybe" and not a "definitely"?

Because my deadbeat roommate still is way behind, and if he doesn't get caught up by the end of next month, I just won't be able to afford to go. So he and I are having a little chat tonight. If this thing blows up because of him, I will eat his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

But things do seem to be turning around for him, so I am hopeful...and that would mean I'm going home!!!!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

You're lucky Jester. I can't even afford to go fly and see my family and I haven't seen them in 2 years. I honestly wish for a way to go visit, I'm tired of missing so much of what's going on with everyone.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

first eck mexican food *shudders*
      second if you do get to go home it is a wonderful time of the year.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        first eck mexican food
        Eck to you, perhaps. But to me it is native food. It's home. And Mexican food in the Keys....not so much. All but one Mexican place down here sucks great big donkey balls, and even that one place is only at average level.

So, I talked to my deadbeat roommate tonight. I have bent over backwards for him, and have actually believed him regarding why he is so far behind. (March rent and bills are still not paid.) This is what we determined: he will have April rent on time, and he will get caught up with me for what he owes me in back rent and bills by the end of April, or he will be out on his ass. Because, as I made clear to him, if I can't go home to Phoenix for the first time in over three years because of his dumb ass, there will be no limits to my anger. So, assuming I am not the world's biggest sucker, and he actually keeps his word.....I'M GOING HOME!!!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          as I don't know anyone there
          *coughcough* Fenrus, Nightwatch, Hawaiian Shirts, Dalysys, me *coughcough*

no, you don't know anyone in Salt Lake
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Hope everything works out!
            Last edited by strawbabies; 03-31-2009, 03:33 PM. Reason: The question I asked was stupid.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              *coughcough* Fenrus, Nightwatch, Hawaiian Shirts, Dalysys, me *coughcough*

no, you don't know anyone in Salt Lake
              Are you offering me a place to crash, Smiley?

I warn you, I don't put out. (Well, not to guys, anyways....)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

My place is in Scottsdale. And you don't have to put OUT so long as I can put IN!

Muahahahahahahahah!!!!!
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Cute, Sheldon. But the Phoenix area is not the area with a lodging issue for me. Between my parents and at least three different friends, Phoenix is never a problem for lodging for me.

We were talking about Salt Lake City.

And no, you are not putting it in. At least not in ME.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Cute, Sheldon. But the Phoenix area is not the area with a lodging issue for me. Between my parents and at least three different friends, Phoenix is never a problem for lodging for me.

We were talking about Salt Lake City.

And no, you are not putting it in. At least not in ME.
                    Bet you 6 shots of tequila I could. hehehe
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I'll bet you eight shots of Goldschlager you couldn't. Not while I was still conscious.

(Someone is forgetting that I am a professional drinker.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

well, my sofa's is already claimed then (unless one of my roommates moves out *glares in direction of C's room* ) but I might be able to accidentally put you in the system as an airline employee ($42 plus tax rather than the normal $74 plus tax). After all, I'm the one who is the one who checks to make sure the rates are correct, and it's not as if it would be the first time a room slipped under my nose
                        Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 03-31-2009, 08:27 PM. Reason: Bossman would kill me if he found out I was giving $72 instead of $74 :p
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

It's a thought, Smiley. Let me check with Cat and find out the exact date and where the shindig is going to be.

I'll PM you once I know.

Still A Customer."

Comment

-grins- Sheldon if you manage it, i want pictures

Jester, you know i love you right

Comment

What a great thing Jester to be able to go home. Yay to awesome real Mexican food, hope it goes as planned.

Comment

Working...
                              X