This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair *pout*

I've been working on a show; it opens on Thursday, but my big night is Friday - talkback! Now, usually an opening is something I go shopping for. But I am really really poor, and after culling my closet, I've decided I have plenty of options (I may go to Payless to look at the shoes, but that's it). I am waayyy overdue for a haircut/color. So, I thought, I'll get my hair done on Friday (I really don't have time Thursday).

Called my stylist. She's booked. CRAP.

Now, I am really damn picky about who deals with my hair. I've had a lot of bad haircuts in my day, and I'm not doing that now. Especially since I've gone back to getting highlights.

So, now I'm debating what to do. I've thought about just trying a random place for a cut, but that scares me for the above reasons. So, I thought I'd come to you CS'ers. I really am an idiot when it comes to my hair. During the teenage experimental years, Mom wouldn't let me do my hair, she had to do it. Now, I don't do anything to it but straighten it and pull it back in ponytails, barrettes, and clips.

What do you think? Should I scrounge about trying to find somebody with a Friday opening? Can I deal with it? Does it look like OMG ROOTS!! (My main concern, I want to look professional and classy not "I haven't been able to afford to get my roots taken care of".

*sigh*
    Attached Files
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Okay, I just googled other places and found a place with high ratings that's actually a little cheaper than the place I was going (it'll be around $70 instead of over $100). Yeah, it's a lot to spend on hair. But I don't splurge on me very often.

But I'll still take tips and suggestions!

Comment

I would recommend finding a friend who knows how to do color and get a box color. I know it may be a last resort thing for some people, but it's how I've been doing it and my hair looks great!

That's all I can really say.
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

you tube has hundreds of videos on how to do really great easy hair styles

this is my current favourite

clicky!

the roots look very unnoticeable to me

I would recommend you do not rush into finding another stylist under any circumstances, your asking for trouble if you do.
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

This is going to sound like a bad idea, but you'll just have to trust me.

With the economy being so bad, a lot of people are going to local colleges to get their hair cuts, their dental work done, etc etc. And it's pretty cheap!

I know, it seems a little scary letting someone who hasn't graduated yet do your hair or your teeth.....but they always have an instructor nearby, and it's a lot cheaper than paying upwards of $50 or more for a cut/dye job. It always costs more to do girls' hair.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

As far as I know, there isn't a local cosmology school (Nurian??). I actually have a very awesome and reasonable dentist...unfortunately KU Med does not train optometrists. *shakes fist* That's next on the "things AA needs to spend lots of money on".

I'd only gone to the other girl once, so I don't feel like I'm giving up a lot by going to someone else. And, I know this is going to sound silly, but not getting something done would have a major impact on how I feel. It's....weird to be me, I guess.

My friends are all as crazy busy as I am...and box color just isn't something I'm willing to risk. I know some people use it and it looks great. I just know that if I tried it would look like I overdosed on Sun-In.

Comment

Got it chopped off and lightened yesterday. Yayyyy!!!!! I LOVE it. Everyone at the show last night absolutely loved it!! It wound up costing a bit more than I thought, but this girl was SO good. She understood my concerns about emphasizing my chubby face and we worked out a way to lose some length while de-emphasizing the double-chin and such. And as she was going along, she just kept giving me tips on how to blow-dry, how to straighten, need to use root lifter to get the oomph in the back...basically, how to make it look as good as she made it look. And, I didn't do too bad this morning if I do say so myself. (The back sections didn't get as straight as I wanted. Bastards.)

So a great experience all around. And it would be rude if I didn't share.... (Pics are from last night, after the show and spending the rest of the evening at BT's. Still looks great!) BT, btw, really really really really likes it.
              Attached Files

Comment

WOW! Just, WOW..

It looks absolutely GORGEOUS, AA! Congrats!

*makes note in blackberry to call for color appointment tomorrow*
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I was called and summoned!

Z Hair Academy is the local hair styling school. Their prices are listed on their website.

Your hair looks great , by the way!
                  I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Your hair looks awesome! I have almost the same cut, but with bangs, and love it, as does Sir I agree, it's a great cut for de-emphasyzing a chubby face (on me too). Enjoy hon

Comment

Thanks, guys! I've gotten in the habit of washing my hair every other day - didn't wash it yesterday and it still looked okay. Put on a headband and went about my business. (It's just a bit too short for a ponytail).

I noticed today that my flat iron may be dying on me. Have to start looking for sales on a new one.

Comment

When you do, might I recommend a Remington Wet2Dry? It works wonders, and will actually use steam on your hair. It's a ceramic plate instead of gold plate and is much better for your hair, and does a wonderful job

Ref:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 59.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	2029188

ETA that is not all the way straight, just straightened the underside and left the top curly

Comment

Working...
                        X