This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kiwi View Post
    strangely I have had the opposite problem, I never carry a balance ever. My card balance has always been $500 and every six months like clock work they try to put it up to $1000.
    Hubby and I have the same issue. We pay off our Amazon card like clockwork at the end of each month, so we never have interest payments to make. Quite a few times, they've raised our limit by a bit to encourage us to spend more (and, I presume, actually carry a balance). We never do, but we also don't ask them to lower it again. It's still a lower limit than the very first card I ever got, which is now canceled.

(Seriously, how does a 19-year-old manage to qualify for a $5000 credit limit?)
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Well, they upped my credit card limit after a year of inactivity to $1500 when I was 20.....I didn't ask for that.

I asked for an increase when I needed a new engine, I only need a few hundred more....and to my surprise, Capital One said no. Even though I had never maxed out my card or ever made a late payment in my entire history with them.

Tomorrow is the big day I tell my bank if they're going to keep charging me $5 or more a month just for having a debit card, they've lost a customer. I don't see why anyone would even be willing to lose that much every month just for having a checking account/debit card with a bank. They aren't special.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Tomorrow is the big day I tell my bank if they're going to keep charging me $5 or more a month just for having a debit card, they've lost a customer. I don't see why anyone would even be willing to lose that much every month just for having a checking account/debit card with a bank. They aren't special.
        They charge you a $5 a month to use a Debit card. Oh yeah definitely leave that bank!

Comment

Working...
        X