This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
    I like watching slugs, but you can at least console yourself with the fact that you didn't step on it, in bare feet.
    I did that as a kid. The light crunch of the shell, followed by the sticky, gross gooshing of slug. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Hate them, hate them, hate them.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      I did that as a kid. The light crunch of the shell, followed by the sticky, gross gooshing of slug. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Hate them, hate them, hate them.
      Okay, yeah, that's the first *geayyywaaaaheeeeewwwwwwwww* I've got in this thread. *shudder* Bad enough the time I stepped on a big beetle in sandals. The crunch scared the crap out of me.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Try having a 1.5" (4cm) beetle crunch on the back of your throat...
        While hanging out the car window, doggystylee, singing...
        After dropping acid...

My friend John spent the rest of the night with his head wrapped in a towel, shuddering.

Back on topic, if RK was west coast it could be a banana slug, so I guess this must be a bonanza slug.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It looks kinda pretty to me.

Speaking of stepping on things...my grandfather came to live with us for a while once, and he apparently got up in the middle of the night and went into the kitchen. He didn't turn the light on and ended up stepping on a slug that was at least eight inches long. Wearing only a pair of socks. x_x I don't know how it got inside, or that the local slugs got that big, but that makes me go ew, even if slugs themselves don't make me go ew anymore.

Comment

I've seen those guys around my apartment in the middle of the night. Luckily I never stepped on one. When I snuck Pablo in for a few days there a couple times I had to take him out at like 2 in the morning and there were huge speckled slugs on the sidewalk. Ew.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ah, I remember seeing banana slugs all the time on school campouts in CA...they're actually a protected species there...

I actually think slugs are kind of cute. I once caught some that had crawled inside, and put them in a little plastic animal container I have. When they'd crawl up the side, you could see their foot muscle rippling.

Comment

We have a few slugs around here, too. But we had more when we lived in the country. The thing I remember most about them (anything slimy grosses me out therefore I refuse to touch it) is that boys will be boys and we have 2 of them. They would always find the biggest, slimiest slugs to pick up and play with. Then, trying to get the slime off was nearly impossible. Hubby did find the trick--put some dirt in their hands to coat the slime really well, then it would nearly "rub off". Still, there was always just that little bit that wouldn't wash off and you'd have to scrub for what seemed like hours to get rid of that little bit-o-slime!

Comment

Slugs don't bother me. I just put them in the grass. *shrug*
                  When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Am I the only one that put these and worms back where they were if I'm out and I lift up a pot with one of them attached. They are nasty but still one of gods creatures.

Comment

Working...
                    X