Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually have them at work. The place I work has several different spirits that reside there. I mostly miss having them at home.

Comment

Our "lady in black" doesn't like/is afraid of men (we have theories involving a fairly unfriendly male entity that was also seen in the house), so we think that when my grandmother's caretaker took up residence in the house she left..come to think of it, she vanished around the time we got a live-in nurse who lived upstairs. Previously the upstairs and attic was "her domain"; it's possible she didn't like all the chaos and people around all the time.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-04-2009, 02:18 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
        My daughter calls him "Annoying" since he likes to read over her shoulder.
        -snorts- I've had ghosts do this... It's really annoying when the pages start turning. When I figured out what was going on I'd have to say really firmly "I was not done with that page! I'll turn them when I'm ready, damnit!" They'd stop then lol.

Comment

RedHeadPhoneGirl, he reads over her shoulder when she is on the computer, not just reading a book. She would freak if she was reading a book and the pages started turning without her doing it herself.

The children have all seen him as an outline or a gray shadow. My husband and I have never seen him. Trust me, if my husband saw him, my husband would FREAK! I would probably be startled, but not completely freaked out, unless our ghostie was hideous.

We have a couple of ghosts where I work, but I don't really notice them that much till after most of the day shift has left for the day. There is one female spirit that I hear sobbing in the ladies room sometimes late at night, but I have only seen her as a quick glance, just enough to know she has dark hair.

I have seen out of the corner of my eye people walking down the row, but when I look over there is no one there. I have stopped looking over, since most of the time there is no one there when I look.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

We have one we have named Bob. He keeps nicking our things but is mostly harmless.

One thing I have noticed with him is than when I'm alone (I get nervous still after being burgled 7 years ago or so) that he'll walk about or push doors to let me know that I'm not alone. Sometimes he'll move things to see if I notice

The fun thing is that when my hubby moved in he kept a reasonably low profile until the day he nabbed my sisters phone. We figured she had just put it somewhere and hubby rang it to find out where it was. It fell out of thin air in front of him! Now even hubby blames Bob for nicking our stuff.

Still hasn't given us back our flash drives though
            As soon as I start thinking
            That I'm sensible and sane
            The Random Hedgehog comes along
            And fiddles with my Brain
            (from card I got)

Comment

We have a lady who walks up and down the front stairs of our building. We believe she's going to and from what once was the parlour of the house, before it was turned into an apartment building. There is also an angry ghost in the back stairwell (servants stairs), and I won't go in the basement thanks to the ghosts down there (used to be slave quarters). I can't quite tell about the ghost in our apartment, as mostly i just hear knocking on the walls, and dishes moving around. Oh, and our cat will lay in the hall between the living room and bedroom, and jump up like someone's pulled his tail, or stepped on it...

Comment

ooo i love ghost stories and have definitely expierenced my fair share of my own expierences.

just don't like it when i'm home alone at night, i'm a big baby :P

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                  The children have all seen him as an outline or a gray shadow. My husband and I have never seen him. Trust me, if my husband saw him, my husband would FREAK!
                  My mom and grandmother had both seen the ghost before I was born. Mom thought it was nothing, until I reported seeing her. All three of our descriptions matched (I had not been told of the ghost before I first saw her).

What was interesting were the respective reactions to the lady in black:

Grandma: scared, probably thought she was an evil spirit
                  Mom: initially scared, then realized she didn't mean anyone any harm
                  Me: waved and said hi

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try any EVP work in the attic before the live-in nurses started (they lived upstairs, so I was never allowed up there). Mom thinks she does know the lady's name though.

Comment

I had a ghostie that I named Bob too! He wasn't nice though... that house was horrible to live in. It wasnt anything he did outright, the house just had a very nasty feeling to it. My cats would bolt out the back door as soon as I opened it.

Bob liked to pace back and forth in the area between the living room and kitchen. It was a wide area, about 4 doorways width. I remember one day I vacuumed the carpet in the living room... I was the only one home at the time, and I always vacuum backwards so there are no footprints in the carpet when I'm done. I finished up and went to put the vacuum away, and when I went back to where I was, there were foot prints all over the room. wtf?

Comment

Quoth Lady Legira View Post
                      We have one we have named Bob. He keeps nicking our things but is mostly harmless.

One thing I have noticed with him is than when I'm alone (I get nervous still after being burgled 7 years ago or so) that he'll walk about or push doors to let me know that I'm not alone. Sometimes he'll move things to see if I notice

The fun thing is that when my hubby moved in he kept a reasonably low profile until the day he nabbed my sisters phone. We figured she had just put it somewhere and hubby rang it to find out where it was. It fell out of thin air in front of him! Now even hubby blames Bob for nicking our stuff.

Still hasn't given us back our flash drives though
                      Being said sister the other main story about Bob.

He also nicked my house keys for two weeks and put them inside my pillowcase, one - I don't take my keys into the bedroom and two - they were where I put my head every night...
                      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

I'm thinking we have a ghostie that has a penchant for our dishwasher.

Ours is a standalone that you roll into position next to the sink and hook it up to the faucet and plug it in. On the floor near our sink we have a bath mat for comfort while washing. This means we have to move it out of the way when we move the washer into position and move it back when done.

Now here's the weird part. On occasion, when the machine is done the bath mat is soaked! But the odd thing is that it is the only thing that is and it's a fair distance away. It's not near any water sources and there are no other signs of water anywhere else. We still can't figure it out.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Ghosts don't much care for me. They tend to disappear when I'm around.
                          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I cant say I miss having a ghost, but when I lived in the old family house growing up, it did make for some interesting times. They liked to knock on the door when I was trying to read, not to mention up and down the stairs in the middle of the night and moving stuff around. Also, just walking into the attic.....fuhgeddaboutit. They were there and they made sure you knew. I yelled at them a couple times and they slowed down a little. No one else in my house was ever bothered by them. Just me. Lucky me.

ETA: Hi Mis' Ghostie! Stay over there...thanks.

Comment

It's OK, I'll move over here...ghosts seem to like me so maybe he'll stay where I am.

I did find a 1908-vintage ouija board in the attic when we cleaned it out...tempting, but I could attract some of the weird stuff in this neck of the woods. We actually found two boards, we suspect that the newer 1950's one was the source of the male entity. That board sold to some vaguely creepy guy.

Comment

*waves to Mis' ghost and glares at the two spirits reading over her shoulder* Sometimes I HATE being able to talk to spirits but I hate those who don't listen to me when I tell them to fuck off even more. I know this may sound like boasting/being stupid, but I have that ability to speak to them and it's not nice because sometimes they flock to me and it drains me out to the bone if I speak to them for too long. But I've only just discovered that it's actually a rare gift and not normal like I thought it was. I've had bad encounters with spirits/energy vampires before and I don't care to repeat the experience. I've been touched on my breast, my butt, pinned down on my bed, woken out of a deep sleep and scared senseless. You don't want this gift sometimes, trust me.

But as for ghosts? I've not seen any myself. My parents used to live in a house that was haunted by an angry man who died of a brain tumor a week before the house was sold to them and DID. NOT. WANT. my parents to be in his house. He banged, threw things and scared my parents out of their wits. There have been reports of a ghost living on the third floor who liked to pull the tails of cat living in that apartment and who liked to freak out my dogs. Dunno if he's there or not still, I haven't felt him. We have also had animal ghosts in the house, notably the ghosts of the beagle we had to put to sleep but who didn't realize he were dead until we told him to go on home. Same with the female who died two years later.

Oh! I've had things disappear and be rearranged about, most notably the ring my boyfriend gave me that turned up in the closet, or the pen my father gave me that turned up nearly a year later.
                                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X