Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The derm wants to put me back on the prescription stuff...which would destroy my savings. And I need my savings. Wanna buy a house in the next few years. And Other Half and I would like to start thinking about kids in the near future. So yeah. Savings are good. And I need to change derms, because this one doesn't really know what to do with me. Which is too bad...I really like her, and she solved a bunch of other problems I was having, like acne. How I have acne *and* eczema has never really been explained to me.

The stylists all have specific products they push. And most of them have *no clue* about skin allergies and chemical sensitivities. Unfortunately. I even have to bring my own shampoo to my stylist when I go, because she doesn't understand that I simply *cannot* use certain products. But I go to her because she has the only colour products that don't set off all the skin stuff. No clue what they are, but the colours come from a Crayola box!

Comment

What about Dr. Bronner's ? The extra mild soap stuff? The bottle with all the little scribbles all over it... http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LS.htm

Have you tried this?

cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
        The stylists all have specific products they push. And most of them have *no clue* about skin allergies and chemical sensitivities. Unfortunately. I even have to bring my own shampoo to my stylist when I go, because she doesn't understand that I simply *cannot* use certain products.
        I don't know if you've ever encountered Lush cosmetics, but they're actually pretty wonderful. Slightly pricier, but nowhere near as expensive as prescriptions and they last for a LONG time.

LUSHUsa

I like them because I have pretty sensitive skin and scalp, too. (Family history of eczema and psoriasis)

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Comment

I know that some companies are trying to help people in the current economy. See if the Dr can get you samples, or cupons. Or even try the company direct see if they might work with you.

As for Tea Tree oil - be careful with it. And I am talking the little bottle of oil not products that call themselves things like Tea Tree Oil Soap.
          I use it as part of my house cleaning. I make my own cleaners for a lot of things. Tea Tree has wonderful properties for a safe and clean home.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
            I don't know if you've ever encountered Lush cosmetics, but they're actually pretty wonderful. Slightly pricier, but nowhere near as expensive as prescriptions and they last for a LONG time.

LUSHUsa

I like them because I have pretty sensitive skin and scalp, too. (Family history of eczema and psoriasis)

Just a thought. Hope it helps.
            Unfortunately, has SLS, and perfumes. And the ones that don't have SLS use nut oils for moisturizers, which I'm allergic to...although there's one that might be a possibility...I'll have to hit my local store and talk to them about it.

I've been doing a bunch of research on this, I might have a couple options, but I'll know more when I hear back from the companies. I didn't think to ask them for samples, though. Maybe I will when I talk to them next. I hate the idea of buying an entire bottle just so it will sit on my shelf and wait for the next person to visit.

Keep the ideas coming, I'm open to anything...as long as it fits within my sensitivities...and isn't $60 a bottle...and, well, yeah. You get the idea

Comment

Working...
            X