This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had fun last night... /scarcasm

sooo last night I was in bed reading and starting to wind down for the night. and suddenly my furchild comes RACING into the room.

Now hes been doing this all day so I think nothing of it...but suddenly hes sitting in the window and meowing loudly....about the same time I feel my room getting warmer.

I roll over to face the window....to see a blazing inferno engulfing the empty apartment across the street from my apartment!

Literally, flames were shooting into the sky, smoke was thicker then frozen mollasses, and it was spreading.

I sat on my bed watching (AFTER calling 911 of course), as the fire spread to a buildilng on the corner and engulf that as well. not 20 minutes later I watched the building collaspe through all the stages...roof, second floor, ground floor.

needless to say I was scared sh*tless! I threw some clothes and 2 quilts off my bed into a bag, and was ready to leave with my cat if need be. Thankfully I was not forced to leave my apartment.

Here is the link to the news article...and I quote "its the worst fire to hit Johnson City in 20 years"

EDIT: Found some offical video clips of the fire from the newspaper website...here.
    Last edited by Sarlon; 04-14-2009, 07:51 PM.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Holy freakin' cow!

Glad you and the kitty are safe!!!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Jeez! I'm scared of fires. Tornados, no. Quakes, no. Hurricanes...sort of. Fires, hell yeah.

Glad everything went good, and you packed up just in case.

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Glad you and your kitty are okay!
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
        X