This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping and Hot Cocoa

So I'm going camping in a few weeks. I drink Hot Cocoa every morning. Thankfully I will be in a cabin with electricity. So I'm thinking a Electric Kettle and single serve packets (I drink 2 per morning). The only problem is the single serve packets that I like no longer come in regular (just mint) and the other one is caffeine-free (Goodnight Hugs). Would it be a big deal to take a measuring spoon and leave it in the cocoa all week?

Any better ideas?

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
    Any better ideas?
    how about getting the small resealable bags and portioning out a cups worth into each bag. though leaving the measuring spoon in the powder would be fine as long as you don't stir the drink with it each time.
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

If you are in a cabin with electricity, it would not be a big deal to bring a box of high end chocolate, heavy cream, Ready Whip, Godiva liquer, and a frothing carafe.

Or so I've heard.

Actually, we'll bring these things for primitive tent camping.

Comment

Oh yeah....tent camping needs booze

(Cat wants to camp....badly!)
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          If you are in a cabin with electricity, it would not be a big deal to bring a box of high end chocolate, heavy cream, Ready Whip, Godiva liquer, and a frothing carafe.

Or so I've heard.
          *drool*

Can you make me one???!!!??!

Comment

I've left a spoon in a tin of hot chocolate like that (I used a plastic spoon, but that was just so I could cut off part of the handle to make it fit into a little tin of hot chocolate mix). Just don't get it wet (especially if you use milk).
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Wait a frothing carafe, I have one of those. But that still doesn't help with heating the milk. Can you put milk in a electric kettle? Or do I have to make do with water?

Comment

Hehehe. Okay, first off, that's not camping. Camping negates electricity. Camping requires tents. That's just cheap holiday accommodation.

But yeah, if you're in an actual cabin (still laughing), it's totally fine to bring your favourite electrical devices, and it's definitely okay to leave a spoon in a big tub o' hot choc mix. Just, as someone said, don't get that spoon wet.

Comment

Working...
                X