This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner tonight

Steamed Orange Roughy fillets, sliced oven-roasted potatoes, and boiled fresh green beans a la Nurian.

Bon appetit!
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

mmmhhmhmmmmmmm! Man that sounds good!! I wonder what we're having? *leaves computer to go bug parents about dinner*

Comment

Baked cod over spinach with a tomato/parmesan ragu. Served with basil sauteed zucchini and fresh sweet corn.

Yours sounds uber tasty, though. Mayhaps I can request the the recipe? At least for the fish and green beans. Lurve fresh green beans! lurve lurve lurve!!

Comment

Cheated tonight - Multigrain thin-crust 5-cheese pizza with sausage. Mmmmmm!

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I had an early dinner of frozen pizza with extra cheese. I was so hungry, I ate the whole thing.

I need to stop that.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Sounds like we're having ribs!

Not sure what else as we have a wide arrange of choices for sides. Maybe some mashed potatoes or something. We'll see.

And of course some good ole' sweet iced tea to wash it all down!

Comment

The fish is just Orange Roughy fillets steamed in a steamer for 25 minutes. I have to be careful with fish as my wife is sometimes allergic. We're not always certain what sets it off, so I keep it basic.

My green beans:
              Farm-fresh greenbeans
              ~1 quart of vegetable stock (water if unavailable)
              1 can of tomato sauce (I prefer to make my own, but I usually don't have hours to devote )
              Garlic (~1/3 clove pressed and crushed, but powdered works)
              Salt, Pepper, very little chile powder (for kick)

Boil the beans in the stock over medium heat. In a separate pan, mix sauce and garlic and simmer, covered. Drain beans, add sauce. Mix in spices to taste.

It took me awhile to get this right. This is my mother's recipe that I'm doing from memory. My wife loves it.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                The fish is just Orange Roughy fillets steamed in a steamer for 25 minutes. I have to be careful with fish as my wife is sometimes allergic. We're not always certain what sets it off, so I keep it basic.

My green beans:
                Farm-fresh greenbeans
                ~1 quart of vegetable stock (water if unavailable)
                1 can of tomato sauce (I prefer to make my own, but I usually don't have hours to devote )
                Garlic (~1/3 clove pressed and crushed, but powdered works)
                Salt, Pepper, very little chile powder (for kick)

Boil the beans in the stock over medium heat. In a separate pan, mix sauce and garlic and simmer, covered. Drain beans, add sauce. Mix in spices to taste.

It took me awhile to get this right. This is my mother's recipe that I'm doing from memory. My wife loves it.
                .....Can I come over for dinner!

Man that sounds really good.

Comment

I made some pork tenderloin in the slow cooker today. Cooked it with fresh greenbeans, mushrooms, and baby carrots, and seasoned the whole thing with ginger, garlic, and white wine.

Had a spinach salad with the best spinach I've ever eaten, grown by my dad. Snow peas and cukes, with blue cheese dressing.

I was real happy with how everything turned out.

Comment

I don't know. You are a Dynamo fan, after all :P

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                      I don't know. You are a Dynamo fan, after all :P
                      Indeed I am!

How can I not be?! It's the only good winning team Houston has!

Comment

Touche'. I'm a Wizard's fan however

Comment

My family ended up driving through Wendy's. They weren't expecting me home for dinner, but we did get free ice cream from Ben and Jerry's beforehand.
                          All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

I'm throwing together a roast with potatoes and sauteed onions... Didn't think anyone would actually take me up on dinner and someone has!

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                              Touche'. I'm a Wizard's fan however
                              Good for you! At least my team won the MLS cup more than once.

Comment

Working...
                              X