This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethical Dilemma

I just got my Japanese test back, and there was a severe overgrade on it. The teacher mistook a 12 for 1.2, and basically gave me 10.8 points I didn't get. I pointed this out to them, that the test was misgraded, and had her look it over again. She didn't catch it that time either. The thing is, the problem I presented to her, was different from the actual problem. At the time, I didn't know what the problem was. I am also retaking the class over the summer, so all this grade does is boost my semester GPA. I also would like to pass it in the spring so my spot in the next level is guarenteed. Shoud I go back and point out the (now identified) mistake?
    All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Ooh tough one. If I was in your position I would only because I would be taking the class again. Of course...I most likely would question your total from her total and if she decided to take points back then so be it, if not then I wouldn't worry too much over it.

Comment

A matter of honour - would you feel as if you'd truly earned it? I suspect not.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        A matter of honour - would you feel as if you'd truly earned it? I suspect not.

Rapscallion
        Bingo. If you're worrying about it, then go back.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth sanchopanza65 View Post
          I pointed this out to them, that the test was misgraded, and had her look it over again. She didn't catch it that time either.
          Just to clarify, you have already pointed out the mistake to the teacher and she missed it? How did you alert her in the first place, did you just ask for a retest or did you point out the specific mistake?

If you just asked for a re-marking of the test she might have thought you were saying you deserved a better mark. If this is the case I would point out the specific error.

If you have already pointed out the specific error and she has "overlooked it" then perhaps she is giving you the extra credit on account of your honesty.

You wouldn't have posted if you weren't feeling some form of guilt. I would double check if I were you.
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I'm taking the points. My mom is a high-school teacher, who's word in academic matters such as this, I take above everyone else, said that because I pointed it out and she missed it, I should take them. Thanks for the responses though.
            All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

Working...
            X