This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do...

My wife's cousin has a routine gig at the Elbo Room in Ft Lauderdale, he plays there several nights a week and usually does an earlier show (7-11, I think) on Fridays. I like seeing him because it is entertaining and fun to watch him (him and his guitar do a lot of local favorites - Paul Simon, Jimmy Buffet etc..) plus a lot of classic rock.

I haven't seen him in years, though. Lately, my wife has been going with her friend a lot who is going though a hard divorce and bad dating and I usually have declined going because I would chew her ear off because of how bad of an itiot she's been recently.

Well, she's calmed down and my wife invited me to go Friday night to see him but her sister in law is joining them. Not that I don't get along with her, the opposite, she's like the little sister I never had (we get along great). But - when my wife and her sister are together it's like they're someone I don't know and knowing her friend, it will only make it a lot worse.

I'm seriously debating if I should or shouldn't go. At least I'll know that my sister in law will draw all of the guys away form my wife that night (my sister in law is 22 and very attractive).

It would be fun but I can only dream of in my nightmares what these three will be like even with a slight buzz going....
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Do you have a buddy you can invite along so you can "escape" all the girliness?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Maybe it's me, but it sounds like a blast. I would go if I were you. Better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done, after all.

Hell, I would even be tempted to join and watch the action, but unfortunately I'll be freezing my bells off at a bachelor party in Salt Lake City on Friday (tomorrow).

Good luck!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
      X