This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Are Sad

So a month ago I finally got hired on at the company I'd been temping at for the past 7 months. Yay!

This morning they pulled the whole group (15 of us) and told us our jobs were moving out of state by the end of summer. Boo!
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Are you going to go with them? I dunno if you can do that, but if you can,are you?
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I don't know if I can, either they didn't say anything about that being an option. It sounds like another group is just going to take over our duties. However, I would have absolutely no family over there which is a big thing for me so I'm not sure I could do it anyway.

This wouldn't be so bad either except I've spent the last 2 years either unemployed or under-employed so this job was like the end of the tunnel finally and then this.
      Last edited by flybye023; 04-30-2009, 01:29 PM.
      My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I feel for you hun.

We had a big layoff that lasted the entire month of March. Nearly all of the temps were forced to take it, because there weren't nearly enough volunteers (and you can understand why), so the bosses had to pick and choose....and it was mostly temps who had to take it, and people with less seniority.

They came back for 2 days. Two whole days. And then it was announced that all the temps were being permanently let go.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Damn, that sucks.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
          X