This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking to start a D&D group

I've decided I'd like to get back into the game. EQ and LoTRO aren't filling my needs anymore. I haven't even installed them ever since I reloaded Windows on my PC a few weeks ago.

It would be tabletop - face to face (not online) and in the Ft Lauderdale area.

I'm thinking classic D&D, 1E, 2E. Forgotten Realms / Spelljammer.

Feel free to post here or send me a PM if you're interested.

I'd post on WoTC's site but you'll never know who you're getting and what kind of freaks they are - at least here I can take a guess if they're good freaks or bad freaks.

Besides, it's better for people you know as opposed to a bunch of strangers.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

No one?

I can't have a D&D group with just two people.
    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I'd do it, if the face to face requirement was not there >_>
      Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

I'd do it, if the Florida thing weren't there. And I've got a friend in Orlando who'd love to find a group if it weren't for the 3 hour drive down to your area, which he wouldn't be able to make anyway because of the lack of a car.

We're both 3.5e gamers, though.
        "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I too would very much be interested, except I'm in Ohio not Florida

Comment

It can be a a pain to setup at first but it is doable to do it via some text systems. I know theres some DnD programs you can use that makes it easy to do the dice rolling for you etc.
            Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

It's actually pretty easy to set up on the site I use.

www.dndonlinegames.com

Then again, it kinda takes the social aspect out of it a bit. I mean, I've been on there as long as I've been on CS, and I only have one or two friends on there who I know shit about, and who know shit about me.
              "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Well, instead of it being in Ft Lauderdale, you made it Melbourne, I'd be in...

(oh, that's not the Melbourne in Fl.. it's the Melbourne in Vic )

And now Draggar gets out of LOTRO... just as I and Shards and Fenrus get on!! <sigh>
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post

And now Draggar gets out of LOTRO... just as I and Shards and Fenrus get on!! <sigh>
                  Even Melbourne, FL is too much of a drive.

I've debated going back onto the MMORPGs, I've put in a lot of time on my characters in Everquest so I'd hate to see them just get deleted.

LoTRO I didn't do much - it was easy to get up in levels. Maybe I'll go back onto that one.

I'm also bumping this to see if anyone might be interested - I really want to start a local group.

Edit: Does LOTRo not allow you to download the files anymore?
                  Last edited by draggar; 06-06-2009, 11:08 PM.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I'm mad now - I just tried to sign up and the system says that my account has expired. Why the hell did I pay for a LIFETIME membership then?

It's interesting that in the receipt it says that it is non-refundable yet they can just cancel your account? I know I haven't been on in about 6 months but still.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

See, draggar, your basic problem is... you're on the ass end of the country! It'd be easier to set this up if you were in the Mid-Atlantic region!

Good luck getting a game group up & running, though! As for me... looks like it's the same as always... playing NWN 2 or Fallout 3 by my lonesome... well, at least until I can get my hands on either Alpha Protocol or Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox 360, that is!

*Twiddles thumbs and stamps foot impatiently waiting for Sega to hurry up and get Alpha Protocol onto store shelves!*
                      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                      --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                        It's actually pretty easy to set up on the site I use.

www.dndonlinegames.com

Then again, it kinda takes the social aspect out of it a bit. I mean, I've been on there as long as I've been on CS, and I only have one or two friends on there who I know shit about, and who know shit about me.

I'm looking at that site and it may be an OK alternative but... I don't know, it seems to be leaving something out for me...

Maybe I should start my own site and forum for this?

How is the site? How do the games go?
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

OK, it's working now - for some reason I had two accounts. What server are you on? I've been on Silverlode.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                          X