X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The past two days

Oh my. It's been HECTIC and BUSY.

Friday:
    I woke up and ate breakfast with my honors english class. Afterwards, the people I rode with wanted to visit the junior high to see our old teachers. So, we did. Our teachers were so proud of us.

My ride dropped me off at my house and I went to graduation practice. When I got there, the principal gave me an honors cord and tassel! The practice was SO BORING and repetitive. Since we had an odd number of kids, I had to walk in a threesome, rather than a twosome. People kept messing up on purpose when we were practicing standing and sitting in unison.

After sitting, standing, and marching for an hour, I got home to wait for my dad. In order to pass the time, my mom and I started to set up for the party. When we were done with that set up, my dad arrived. I gave him the biggest hug ever. I had forgotten how short he was

So, we got caught up, bantered, he saw my sister. I got my sister ready for her dance. When she left, dad and I went to go pick Plaid up.

The buss was late, but he got here. I hugged him. On the way home, he and my dad acted like old friends. We took him to his hotel and my dad and I went out to dinner. After dinner, he was very tired and it was getting late, so he took me home.

My mom invited Will over to socialize with us and her friends. They liked him.

Saturday:
    I woke up, took a shower, and helped mom with the party set up. When we ran out of things to do, I went and got food.

My mom's friends came over and made their food.

I picked Plaid up from his hotel and brought him over. We all went to my grandma's for pictures. Since we had so much time, we went back home, but after about five minutes, we went to the school.

I met up with my fellow graduates. We were all so nervous. The butterflies in my stomach were flapping so hard, I felt like I had to puke. We lined up ten minutes early and we were getting antsy. A little after two, the music started.

Our teachers walked first, in their college robes with the weird hood things. Then we were off. As soon as my threesome walked in, my cheering section went off. I couldn't help but smile all the way through. The speakers were great,kept it to the bare minimum. The band and choir did really good with their music. I received a plaque for honors.

When it was time for diplomas, I looked the guy who sat on my right. I had gone to school with this guy since first or second grade. When I went from my first school to my second school, he came with me. He came to high school with me in my Junior year.

"Hey. It's been great being a classmate with you for all these years."

"You too, McGoddess."

He held out his fist and we pounded it.

Then it was our turn to go up.

In all my years of getting awards and my eighth grade graduation, I never heard such a big a cheer from the audience as I did that day. It was an amazing feeling.

After my rounds of hugs and goodbyes, my mom had to drag me out of there so we could go finish setting up the party. The party was a success. I managed to get over $200 in checks and cash. Lots of people showed up, including two of my teachers. It would have been three, but my old accounting teacher's wife is due really soon and she needed him.

Plaid got to know my family and they like him. They even joked around with him.

So today, I'm going out to breakfast with my dad before his plane leaves. I'm taking Plaid out to lunch and hanging out with him for the rest of the day. Monday morning, I'm taking Plaid to his bus stop.

Now, some of you may be wondering, how do you feel now that it's over?

I feel sad. Today, I was thinking that since my dad has texting now, I could text him anytime, even during class. Then I realized that I don't have any classes. I'm done. Everything is over.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Congratulations on graduation! It can be kind of nostalgic at times, but I don't really see it as being over. When I walked for my college degree it felt like the end of an era, you know? I prefer to see it as every new beginning is some beginning's end (To quote Bon Jovi ) I think everything is just beginning for you, and wish you nothing but the best!

Comment

Glad it all went well, sorry about not being able to show it would have been fun!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
        Everything is over.
        You are only half right. Everything IS over.

But, my darling little sausage, everything is just BEGINNING! As terrifying and awe-inspiring as that may seem, it is very, very true. So strap yourself in and prepare for greatness.

Here.....you.......GO!!!!!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X