This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my old roommate the SC

I though of putting this in sucky customers... he may qualify as he rented a room from me, but figured it was safer just putting it here.
    Last week I had to kick out a roommate because he was always behind on rent.
    This weekend my new roommate and I (well, mostly the new roommate) had to clean up what was left in his room. I shall list for your horror
    -4 bowls
    -18 glasses
    -4 plates
    -about half my utensils
    -2 pot holders
    -7 kitchen size trash bags worth of trash
    -and it still for some reason smells like ass.

The pot holders are covered in mold, so they need to be thrown away and the dishes aren't in much better condition. You know, I'd be lying if I said my room was clean, but damn... this is in a room that is roughly 10x10, after he 'cleaned' it. My room BEFORE I clean it has some dirty clothes, maybe a shopping bag's worth of trash and maybe a plate and glass or two, and it is nearly twice the size.
    Oh, and the only time my room smells is right after the cat takes a dump in the cat box and doesn't bury properly... and that is temporary... what's his excuse...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    Oh, and the only time my room smells is right after the cat takes a dump in the cat box and doesn't bury properly... and that is temporary... what's his excuse...
    Uhh, human dumps are harder to bury? Not enough kitty litter?
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Depends on how well you clean out the box. My kitties will leave things "exposed" if the box smells bad.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I saw a commercial for a show about cleaning up extremely messy houses...like literally climbing over mountains of crap just to get 5 feet into a room. I'm the first to admit I'm not the neatest person in the world, but people who live like that have serious issues... It may be cluttered and dusty, but the only dish in my bedroom is the water glass on my nightstand, and the only time it smells weird is when the downstairs neighbors are cooking something especially strong (why it concentrates in my room is something I have not yet figured out ).
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ugh, I can't stand filth. Look, I'm a busy grad student, and during finals week my place will be cluttered. Books and papers were scattered all over my office and my living room. But I kept my laundry in the hamper, my shoes in the closet, and put dishes in the dishwasher once a day. My living space may not always be the cleanest or neatest, but I keep it free of filth.

I do not understand, at all, why someone would let dirty dishes sit in their room. Mine go immediately into the sink to at least be rinsed off. Don't they realize that just attracts mice, bugs, and other unfriendly houseguests? EW.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I don't understand the "crap piled up everywhere" people either. I mean, my house isn't spotless by any means, and yes, there are things piled up here and there. Those are mainly because I've been going through, and getting rid of things. Well, that and because I tend to leave my reading material (sports car and train magazines, you pervs ) all over the place. My place isn't filthy, but does require cleaning now and then. Mainly...because Baxter (the Maine Coon kitty) sheds constantly. There are black furballs everywhere--the floors, bathtub, my bed, anywhere else he chooses to sleep. When I do clean the floors...there's literally enough fur to knit myself a *third* kitty
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              ...there's literally enough fur to knit myself a *third* kitty
              There's a pic on icanhascheezburger like that...a cat sitting next an outline of a cat made out of shed fur.

I don't even live with my cats and I noticed last week that I have their fur on my chair at work...

Comment

A girl I went to school with her house was like that...piles of stuff everywhere, paths between the piles, boxes of food covering the table, floor and counters in the kitchen. I was out of high school before I figured out why my mom would never let my sister and me spend the night at her house. The house and the surrounding yard were a fire hazard. Never even saw the whole living room floor until after her mother died...what do you mean there's a piano along that wall? When did that show up? It's been there since we were in grade school? Fuuuuc..dge.

The City finally condemed the property, tore down the house and sold the lot. There's a house sitting on the lot now that is so big I would never in a million years have believed there was enough room for it to fit.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Smiley, maybe you can try the odor-neutralizing candles? There's regular ones and I think there are still Glade ones with a core of Febreeze? You can also put out open dishes of vinegar to help absorb the funk.

Good luck - and I'm glad you got rid of him!

Comment

I admit I'm a pilier...and my sister is too. However, we're the kind that KNOWS exactly what is in those piles, and none of it is buried food (maybe some olf soda cans, but those are easily washed out and recycled!). We clean now and then, but weeks later, we're back to the same mess. It's a liveable mess though, we always have clear pathways to walk and move stuff around.

Hey, no one comes in my room but myself and the kitties, and there's no potential future intelligent lifeform growing on a plate in here, so I don't think I'm THAT bad!

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      I though of putting this in sucky customers... he may qualify as he rented a room from me, but figured it was safer just putting it here.
                      Last week I had to kick out a roommate because he was always behind on rent.
                      This weekend my new roommate and I (well, mostly the new roommate) had to clean up what was left in his room. I shall list for your horror
                      -4 bowls
                      -18 glasses
                      -4 plates
                      -about half my utensils
                      -2 pot holders
                      -7 kitchen size trash bags worth of trash
                      -and it still for some reason smells like ass.

The pot holders are covered in mold, so they need to be thrown away and the dishes aren't in much better condition. You know, I'd be lying if I said my room was clean, but damn... this is in a room that is roughly 10x10, after he 'cleaned' it. My room BEFORE I clean it has some dirty clothes, maybe a shopping bag's worth of trash and maybe a plate and glass or two, and it is nearly twice the size.

This makes me wonder if your roommate was a clone of Jester's ? Sounds like similar things hidden in the bedrooms.

Comment

I think Smiley would be afraid if he saw my bedroom...

I've got cans upon cans on my desk... but no dishes, luckily. My dirty clothes end up in a pile in the corner...

I never said I was a clean person!
                        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post

I think there's a difference between "cluttered" and "dirty"...I'm messy but I'm not dirty...I don't leave things around that attract undesirable "guests" (the occasional centipede - shudder - notwithstanding; those seem to come with the apartment). But I have a lot of stuff and I'm a little bit of a packrat. Every now and then I do a major overhaul and toss lots of stuff. Which I will be doing before I go back to work on Tuesday.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                            I think Smiley would be afraid if he saw my bedroom...

I've got cans upon cans on my desk... but no dishes, luckily. My dirty clothes end up in a pile in the corner...

you still are infinitely better than my old roommate... besides, you don't smell bad (he did).

eta- crap, I missed a great opportunity on that post...
                            oh well, better late than never.
                            Trust me Fenrus, if I ever got in your bedroom I would most definitely NOT be looking at the cans on your desk or the clothes in the corner... though I may end up throwing some extra over there

have I mentioned recently that I'm truly shameless
                            Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 05-21-2009, 09:27 AM.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Another piler, here. I don't really clean, so I tend to stack my stuff up around where I operate.

But while I may be messy, I'm not filthy.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X