This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Where does the Hot Water go?

...I'm serious... I know our building is old... and the 7+ people who live here all share the water heater. But good god. I get up at 7 in the morning, no one else with the exception of the land lord gets up that early and the water is frigged.. I think I've gotten like 4 hot showers in the last month... I'm lucky if it gets past luke-warm. To top that off... for the last week... when ever I am in the shower suddenly the water pressure craps out... basically goes to 0. I can have the tap turned all the way on and don't get more than a trickle. It's ridiculous....

..I mean... this is bad for the general public....
    Me with out my shower is like... Abby with out her Caf-pow...Gibbs without his coffee....
    It's not pretty and it gets violent!

*cries* I just want a nice shower....
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Absolutely have the landlord check the water heater. Could be calcified, could have bad elements/clogged burners, etc. I'm a two-a-day person myself and even though that morning shower is only a "waker upper" I know how important it is.

Comment

My shower occasionally just shuts off all together. Luckily so far it's come back after a few seconds, but those few seconds of no water and a head full of shampoo do not conjure pleasant thoughts...

One night when I lived in PA, I went to wash my hands and discovered I had only scalding hot water from both taps. That would not have been good if it had lasted until morning. At least where I work now I have access to the gym showers if absolutely necessary (twice, it's been necessary , though once was because my shower was being fixed; the other was because I had no hot water). The water pressure there sucks, though, and it takes forever to get hot.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I first moved into my place, it seemed I never had enough hot water. Annoying, since it would literally go cold within 5 minutes Seems that the previous owners had turned the temperature knob back. Turning it the other way took care of the problem. Of course I have to be careful now...it can be red hot at times! But, I'd rather have it that way than too cold
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Your landlord has a responsibility to provide adequate hot water, for sanitation reasons, just as he's required to provide a unit with enough insulation to keep ambient air temp at a certain level. If it doesn't get fixed properly, you can report it to the housing authority.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm lucky. In the building where I live, each apartment has it's own hot water heater.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
            X