Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I was almost 7 years away from being born too. My parents were in their late teens/early 20's at the time! Man how time flies...

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
      ...I'm two years older than your mother. Thanks a lot; like I wasn't deep enough in my midlife crisis...

Love, Who?
      Nothing a shiny new sports car won't fix
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I was born the same year Return of the Jedi came out - didn't see the movies until after they were re-released in the theatres in the late 90's.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I was 8, and my brother was 4. We saw it at a drive-in theater that was in my area, but is now gone because apparently having only a half a million shopping centers in the area wasn't enough.

I remember going over there with some of my dad's friends in their pickup truck. We parked with the back of the truck facing the screen, and set up lawn chairs in the bed. Ah, memories...
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
            Yep, and that was when my life changed forever, when I was not quite 5 years old!

How much did it change? Here's a hint:

I'm on the left.
            Uh, you look a little older than 5, there...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Uh, you look a little older than 5, there...
              You got me... That picture was taken about 4 or 5 years ago.
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

Hmmm... I was 25
                Working for Varian Ultrasound testing echo-cardiogram machines
                3 children (5, 3 & 1) & a beautiful wife
                Driving a new '76 Pinto station wagon
                Bought a home the year before...
                First 'computer': a National Semiconductor SC/MP Kit&Kaboodle (1K ROM & 256 byte RAM)

The goodle days, as John Hartford said...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I was 19 days old, and most likely still in the neo-natal ICU at Some Hospital. Maybe the Force saved me. Hmm ... there's a nerdy thought!
                  "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I was nine years old, and went to see Star Wars at the sadly now-demolished Cine Capri (which had the largest screen in Phoenix, 16,500 square feet!) with my Girl Scout troop. All the other girls got crushes on Luke, I had one on Han...
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I was seven, my brother about five. I still remember the horde of people (us included - with our mother) running up the steps once we'd got our tickets.

Rapscallion

Comment

I was almost exactly 6 years from being born. Dad and Mom had been married about 4 years.

Comment

i was 9 years away lol

Comment

I was 11 years from being born...

My parents we freshman/sophomores in high school at the time. I think they met that following year...I'm so young compared to you guys....

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                              I was seven, my brother about five. I still remember the horde of people (us included - with our mother) running up the steps once we'd got our tickets.

Rapscallion
                              Wait.... How does that work? For some reason, I always think of you as being somewhere around 5 to 10 years older than me. And now I find out you're just one year older.

Either I'm older than I thought, or you're younger. Definitely making you younger. Definitely.

Comment

I'm thirty-nine. I can feel older and act much, much younger on demand, or even without request.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X