This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda Bummed (venty and long)

Well, I had my hike...and it didn't go as I wante dit to....we had some horrid weather on the mountian (45 mph winds or so, sleet, rain) and we made it to the top, but had to take the shuttle down.

That wasn't the worst of it...the bf was sick, and grumpy...every time I asked him what he wanted to do, he did his normal grunt or shrug or meh.....2 years of this, and it finally got to the breaking point of annoying...so I was pissy with him this trip...I wanted to stay with the group (for the non hike portion) because I haven't seen these people in awhile, but the bf and I were behind schedule (flat tire) so we had to run some chores that the rest of the group had sone for themelves.

Then the hike....well, as I said, the weather was terrible...I can post a whole trip report if people are interested At the summit, I went to get our names in for the shuttle and pick up some souvenirs. 2 of the people decided to take theor pic at the summit sign, I went exploring inside (ir shopping, ha) and stayed with the bf. I missed getting my picture, and I completely regret it ( and regret buying the jacket....its neat, but I don't love ot as much as I did before, I'd rather have my photo)

So I get home late, and completely break down....I always am upset after a NH trip, but this time I just lost it.....I was so looking forward to this trip, and nothing went right

I did email the bf last nigh with some of my concerns, we'll see what he says

Sorry forthr stupid whiney rant.....just kicking myself hard today, and here I am back at work.

Meh
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Don't feel too bad. Weather tends to ruin a lot of my plans to, any time of the year. This past weekend was the only weekend since spring began that it hasn't rained or been unseasonably chilly!

I feel for you with the grumbling, mumbling, and "meh"s. My Nancy Boy Ex bf was like that....I know every case is different, but if you find yourself stuck with someone who never speaks up, sometimes you just gotta toss them.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

He did txt me and apologized....I'm gonn get on his base more about not speaking up....there are two of us here, lol, I can't decide everything we do.

Craving hiking even more now....must seek out more mountains. Feeling a bit better, though finishing Marley and Me didn;t help (lol, and I KNEW the ending)
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
      X