X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm leaving on a jet plane

But I know I'll be coming back again

This Sunday, I'm leaving Babyboomtown,IL for a two week vacation to Portland,Oregon.

I will be staying with Plaid and visiting all sorts of places and if I can get a hold of a friend of mine, I will be making a stop in Seattle,Washington also.

I have my "ticket". It's actually a confirmation number. I have a few people who say they can give me rides to the airport,so I won't have to park my car there. I have a place to stay while I'm there. I have everything I need. I just need to pack.

So basically, my weekend plays out like this.

"Hey! I'm legal now! Yay! Adultness! Bye everyone! I'll be back in two weeks!"

I'm staying til June 19th. Originally, I was going to take a Greyhound, but I found plane tickets cheaper and it was a better idea,since I get motion sickness.

So, I'll be able to post while I'm there, just won't be on as much.

I'll let you know when I'm leaving and when I get to Plaid's place, I'll let y'all know that I made it ok.

W00t! W00t!
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Make sure you go up in the Space Needle when you're in Seattle. It's my favorite thing to do whenever we go to Seattle.

Be safe and have fun!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If you get the chance while you are here try to get to Pikes Place Market in Downtown Seattle. It's hours of Grand fun.

If you don't have that much time in Seattle, try for the Sunday Market in Portland. Wonderful stuff to be found there as well.

Have a grand trip.

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
        If you don't have that much time in Seattle, try for the Sunday Market in Portland. Wonderful stuff to be found there as well.

Have a grand trip.
        Oh yeah. That. Powells, OMSI, Several restraunts, Waterfront Park... I got several ideas that I'm taking her too.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Plaid, it sounds like you have it all under control. There is a lot to do down there as well.

I still haven't made it down there to go to Powell's. It's only about a 5 hour drive for me but i would have to find a place to cradsh for the night because i think I could spend the whole day there no problems at all. Although working in a hotel it does make it easier to get a place to crash. Room swaps are the best.

Comment

Powell's.

Powell's.

Powell's, I say!

It is an absolute MUST to spend time in Powell's, SERIOUS time, when you are in Portland. I always do; it's one of my favorite places on this planet of ours. Some people have churches. I have Powell's.

Comment

Have fun on your trip!!! You might actually be coming during halfway decent weather. Also the waterfront in Seattle is nice! Also if you are at the Space Needle, walk over to the fountain. It is great in the summer when the weather is warm.

I must get to this mecca called Powells. I only live 3 hours from it. Doubt I can weasel a stop at it when going to the Redwoods at the end of June.
              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Woo-hoo! Sounds like fun. It's probably a well-needed break after all the hard work you put into graduating. Have fun, be safe (sorry, had to say it)!
                "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Have lots o' fun! You deserve it.

Comment

First off, have fun!!

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                    Originally, I was going to take a Greyhound, <snip> it was a better idea,since I get motion sickness.
                    I hate to be the one to mention this, but you can get motion sick on a plane. I did, at any rate.

I slept almost my entire flight back, until I felt the plane start to descend halfway over Lake Michigan.

My favorite Bossman told me his theory to not get motionsick on a plane; it had something to do with *how* you look at things.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I hope to get to the Pacific Northwest sometime in the future.

Have a great time!
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        I hate to be the one to mention this, but you can get motion sick on a plane. I did, at any rate.
                        I get motion sickness in cars, buses...it sucks, cuz a long ride would be a great time to get some reading done, but I can't (the one time I tried to do my homework on the bus to school convinced me of the importance of actually getting it done the night before ). Trains actually don't bother me, unless I'm already feeling crappy before I get on it (which was good considering I commuted a 1/2 hour by train every day when I worked in Philly). I don't know for sure about planes...the few times I've flown I took Dramamine because I didn't want to find out. (Not that it helped my ears any...ow...and does the airport always spin like that?)

So, yeah, I recommend Dramamine. (When I went to Florida for Spring Break one year, we were staying at my friend's house and several of our plans involved driving up to an hour. Since we didn't exactly have a precise itinerary, I brought the Dramamine that lasts 24 hours, and doesn't make you drowsy, and just took it with breakfast each morning. Something to consider if you're going to be driving around a lot.)

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        My favorite Bossman told me his theory to not get motionsick on a plane; it had something to do with *how* you look at things.
                        Supposedly if you look at the horizon you won't get sick.

Have fun! Be careful! Don't do anything I Becks wouldn't do!
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          Have fun! Be careful! Don't do anything I Becks wouldn't do!
                          So that would be a Carte Blanche? Or ala carte blush?
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I forgot this too:

When in Seattle, make sure to take pics of Mt. Rainier. You can see that damn thing from just about every angle!
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ya gotta watch them throw the fish at pikes place. And don't forget to kiss the pig! (if they're still up, haven't been in a while.) Dick's drive in is a place for greasy burger goodness. They've been doing a lot of construction in the area so If you'll be driving it's kinda crazy, although whoever planned the streets in the first place was on some bad crack. Space needle/ seattle center area is nice, they've done some upgrades and there is a tram to the westgate shopping center (they have Godiva yum!) ye olde curiosity shop on pier 54 is nifty. Lots of fun things to do! have a blast!
                              It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Working...
                              X