This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby girl is growing up!

She went to the farewell dance at her middle school tonight. It's a dance for the kids that are moving on to the high school next school year.

So, she picks out a dress, a very beautiful dress I might add, plus the shoes and purse.

I took her to get her nails and toes done yesterday, since she was going to wear open toed shoes.

Today, I took her to get her hair and makeup done. You do not want to know how much this one dance set us back.

Anyway, she looked so stunning in her dress, with her hair done and make up on. I'm sure she turned a lot of heads tonight. I knew I should have gone with her so I could remind those boys that they are not nearly good enough for her. Oh well, maybe next time.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

I remember those days. Me and my sisters all had dances for our graduation from middle school . No worries, you have the chaperones there and I think your baby girl will make the right choices knowing she's got good parents
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Kinda scary how fast they grow up huh?

I've been talking with people about that recently too. My oldest daughter is about to turn 13. Already though she's 5'6" Catching up to her dad way too fast now. I'm starting to consider taking up gun shining on the front stairs soon. But at least I can embarrass her

The younger one is almost 1, already walking and talking
      "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

You should coach my mom on that next year. Munchkin will be graduating 8th grade and going to high school.

We children grow up so fast.

Wait...I'm not a child!
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Mr Slugger View Post
          Kinda scary how fast they grow up huh?

I've been talking with people about that recently too. My oldest daughter is about to turn 13. Already though she's 5'6" Catching up to her dad way too fast now. I'm starting to consider taking up gun shining on the front stairs soon. But at least I can embarrass her

The younger one is almost 1, already walking and talking
          My friend's nephew's first birthday was on Thursday...the party's tomorrow. He's not talking yet but he's starting to walk (though he's still much faster with the crawling). He still manages to be a little smartass. She told me he'll take the little plastic safety covers out of the electrical outlets and hold them up to show them that he can...and then he'll put them back!

My cousin's daughter, who I babsat since she was 2 months old (and I was a junior in college then) will be 14 this fall. She is taller than me by a couple inches at least. My other cousin's daughter, who I also babysat (but only a few times) turned 14 a few weeks ago. I think I don't have to worry about her being taller than me anytime soon, though.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh yeah my daughter just turned 12 and she's already got a steady "boyfriend".

He's actually not since he's only allowed to come to the house and when they're in her bedroom I check on them every five minutes and they don't go anywhere together. They even "broke up" for a couple days and my daughter put on her MySpace page that she wanted to kill herself over it. But they're back together again. However, he got in trouble with his mother for lying about where he was going and leaving the house for too long.

Comment

My daughter is 13 years old, she will be 14 when she starts high school. It seems like just yesterday she would pick out a book and sit herself in my lap and want me to read it to her. It seems like yesterday when I would hold her little hand no matter where we were.

Now, she is almost as tall as me and we wear the same size shoes. I do see the guys checking her out when we go out. Yes, they do get the look of death from her mother, why do you ask?
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
              X