X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A call to all Dr. Who fans

So, as a Who fan I need some help.

Last year I went to San Diego Comicon wearing a shirt I made, the front had a picture of the TARIDS. Written on the shirt were two lines from my favorite episode "Blink". The front read "The angels have the phone box.", the back read "Look to your left." Needless to say the back confused sooooo many people, including the friend I went with (what more could want from a shirt than confusion?)

This year I'm again going to SDCC and I was think of making another shirt. I want this year's shirt to have Donna on the front with one of her lines, and "Copy write Donna Noble." on the back. The problem is Donna had so many good one-liners that I can't chose just one. That's where y'all come in. Give me your favorite Donna quote, the one that makes me laugh the hardest will go on the shirt.

If however none of the quotes bring tears of laughter I will go with plan B. Ten's best "What?!" face on the front and "What?!" in different fonts and colors all over the back.

So hit me with your best quote.
    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Personally I think that the "WHAT?!?!?!" idea is far better. Though I think I would put at least one (or even many) "What?"s on the front with the picture as well.

I think some of the Doctor's many one-liners would be better than Donna's, though. Such as "Told you I was brilliant!"

Of course, while my favorite Doctor is Tennant, if I were to make a shirt like that, I would be most tempted to put a broadly smiling Eccleston on the front with the caption, "EVERYbody lives, Rose! EVERYbody lives!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh, too many to think of one, but I do like the "What?" idea.

If you were to do a Doctor quote, I'd go with "Why would I want to change? Look at me!" (I think that's how it went).

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

So that's two votes for plan B. Better go start looking of pictures of Ten doing his "What?!" face.
        Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

Comment

Possibly my favorite Donna line: "I'm waving at fat..." But she has lots of great ones.

I like the "what" idea too, though.
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

My favorite Doctor Who lines from the new series... hmmm.... not sure what they'd be, I'd have to think for a bit.

My favorite lines of all time still come from the original series, from the 7th Doctor, as played by Sylvester McCoy, from the story "Remembrance of the Daleks":

The Doctor (to Davros): "Goodbye Davros. It hasn't been pleasant."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace (to the Doctor): "Professor? We did good, didn't we?"

The Doctor: "Perhaps. Time will tell. Always does."

Those are my faves, anyway.
            "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
            --StanFlouride

Comment

My favourite Doctor Who line is an out take.

K-9: I do not know, Master.
              Tom Baker: Yes, you never f-ing well know the answer when it's important.

Comment

Actually, the best line with David Tennant and Catherine Tate is from the "Children in Need" special. Lauren and Ten

Bite me alien boi!!!

Comment

Oh my God! that clip was hilarious. "Bite me alien boi!" is in the lead.

Comment

My favorite Donna moment ever was the detox scene from the Agatha Christie episode. I'm not sure that would translate into a t-shirt tho.

Also, from the Pompeii episode,

'TARDIS, time lord, yes!'
                    'Donna, human, no!'
                    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

From the christmas special: Pockets.
                      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I suggest

Not me. I'm just a temp. Shorthand, filing, hundred words per minute. Fat lot of good that is now. I'm no use for anyone.

from The Stolen Earth

or

Did I ever tell ya? Best temp in Chiswick. Hundreds words a minute.

from Journey's End
                        It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
                        Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
                        So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

Not a Donna quote, but I'd like to have a shirt with the line that the Doctor said near the end of "Blink" episode, when he gets out of the cab with the bow and arrows... (and I don't remember it exactly because I've only seen it once...)

"Listen, listen, gotta dash... things happening... well, four things... well, four things and a lizard..."

I so have to pick up that series on DVD...
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth ladyklack View Post
                            My favorite Donna moment ever was the detox scene from the Agatha Christie episode.
                            Detox scene?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

So, as a Who fan I need some help.
                              Yes.. yes you do!

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                              Not a Donna quote, but I'd like to have a shirt with the line that the Doctor said near the end of "Blink" episode, when he gets out of the cab with the bow and arrows... (and I don't remember it exactly because I've only seen it once...)

"Listen, listen, gotta dash... things happening... well, four things... well, four things and a lizard..."

<snip>
                              Yeah, I'd pay that one!

Sorry, can't really help... I don't recall many one-liners
                              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                              X