Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you mean I can't cook for myself?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by not making the kitchen available during the summer to students when there are a lot less of them anyways their insurance fees probably decrease significantly, if they let you in there during the summer the fees probably go right back up.
    Last edited by gremcint; 06-02-2009, 08:49 PM.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

It sounds like you have a little 1 or 2cu ft fridge. (Provided by the school) I don't know how much money you have but you can pick up a new 4 or 5cu ft fridge for less than 200. Even less if you can find one used. Most of those will allow a little more food plus space on the door for beverages.

As for cooking in the microwave: http://www.microwaverecipescookbook.com/ Or check if your library has any microwave cookbooks (or do an interlibrary loan).

Comment

also, you might want to look around to see if any reputable companies are around for renting. it might be possible to rent a larger fridge for just a couple of months.

Or look around to see if anyone (especially any other students) are selling off appliances.

As for cooking... yeah the forman (even a fake one) will work well.

Plus... check to see if you're allowed to use it first but... a lot of stores have single and double hot-plates available, if you're planning on cooking in a pan at all.

Comment

Well I'm checking out of residence on June 29th. I'm only here for a 7 week course, which is halfway done now. So I'm not totally concerned.

And no, I don't have enough money to buy a larger fridge. Nor do I have any place to store one once I get home. Though it is a good suggestions. thanks
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
          X