This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm S-Sorry....

This past weekend has been...interesting. I think I learned something about myself; I got kind of a manic/depressed thing going on. IDK if it's a real condition, and no way am I going to someone to see if it is, but that is neither here nor there.

I'd like to apologize. My humor is sardonic and sarcastic, and I usually lay in on someone when the mood suits me. I don't realize I'm being insulting until I've up and done it already. I know that's no excuse, but felt I should at least explain myself.

Again, sorry and all that. You won't have to put up with me too much longer. I'll be going to training soon, and after that it's SF and a combat zone, so...yeah.

Hobbs,

I just wanted to say that I love your avatar and quote, and to thank you so much for your service to America. Hang in there and don't worry about people who try and get you down. I know that's easier said than done most times.

I spent 12 years in the Air Force, deployed to all kinds of interesting places. Please feel free to send me a message or an email if there is anything I can do or you have questions. novawolf7@verizon.net

Oh, and drill instructors HATE it when you stare calmly at the space between their eyes when they're yelling at you.

Love, God bless, and God speed.

Comment

Well, technically I never made it past Paris Island, but...

Do not EVER call a Drill Instructor a Drill Sergent. A kid in my platoon tried that. You can guess how well that went...
      "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I'm really happy you are back Hobbes! I missed you
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

-pets Hobbs-

Not a problem. Everyone has their stresses, so it's understandable.

Comment

Thanks guys. For those of you who want it, I'll send my address at Maxwell AFB once I get my training orders. I'm only allowed snail-mail...no comps or phones at all for 35 days T.T

Oh, and I won't have TI's. They'll be FTO's(Field Training Officer) and CTA's(Cadet Training Assn't).

Comment

*salute*

if it's anything like when i went through boot camp (navy) they at least let us make calls home about once a week after the first couple of weeks or so.

and remember, they'll yell and be jerks because they're paid to act like that.
              i'd say to imagine them in tutus but... they get pissy when you start laughing at them

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                *salute*

if it's anything like when i went through boot camp (navy) they at least let us make calls home about once a week after the first couple of weeks or so.

and remember, they'll yell and be jerks because they're paid to act like that.
                i'd say to imagine them in tutus but... they get pissy when you start laughing at them
                Here's the actual quote from my FTM

Holm Center T-203
                Chapter 7: Rules and Regulations
                2. Prohibitions
                f. Using a telephone or cellular phone at any time

Comment

You will do great. maxwell is a nice base. My father retired from there.

Stay sane honey, and remember they are only going to be mean and hard on you while your in training. You can get through this.
                  My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Thank you for your service Hobbs!

Comment

I'll make good on my promise to try, darlin'. Good luck out there.

And re: your sarcasm, I'm the same way. It IS hard to curb, but it's also a learning experience. I haven't quite completely figured it out myself, but you'll get tehre, I'm sure.

Comment

dang that sucks
                        when i was in boot, they at least walked us down to the phone center so we could call home.

but that was back in 95 and cell phones weren't as prevalent

Comment

Working...
                        X