Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good news, my no borken bones streak has been maintained!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news, my no borken bones streak has been maintained!

So gather around and allow me to tell about my day!

lets see i woke up 5 am after 5 hours of sleep, ate yogurt and waited for my mom to wake up.
    she had a class at 8 and didnt get ready to go until 7:45 gah so we left for me to take her to class.

as we drive down the freeway (you know whats happening right some start baking cookies trust me i will need them) a car swerves in front of the van in front of me and slams on their breaks. The Van in front of me stops in time and so do I. The heavy as hell Direct TV service van careening down the hill behind us.... does not.
    He SLAMS into me, and rams me into the van in front of me.

When i saw hit i tried to swear to the left and had the front of my car shoved about a foot off its frame in. i hurt my toe and almost broke it, and i broke my glasses, they are barely able to stay on my face. my moms lap top slammed in to her thigh and left a soft ball sized bruise inside her thigh.

But wait there is more!!!!!!!!

i called my dad to come get us because it was obvious my car wasn't drivable (btw its totaled my poor INARA!!!!!!) and he and the direct tv guys manager/coworker guy parked behind the cop who was filing the accident report (and who called my tow truck for me). while we where talking about insurance and my foot, because i thought it was broken, we suddenly hear this BANG SLAM CRASH!!! A guy had gotten distracted trying to fix his shoe (while driving about 65 miles per hour down the freeway) swerved to the right and SLAMMED into my dads jeep, most likely totaling it and slamming my dads jeep in to the OTHER direct tv van.
    so now we have two accidents in the same 50 foot stretch of freeway and i need to see the doctor, since they figured we needed medical assistance now they brought in an ambulance for me my grand mother came and brought my dad and mom to the hospital.

so i got my x-rays no breaks,filed a claim, found out my car was totaled, got two calls for collection agencies and i have no car until tomorrow.

i hurt, still haven showered today because i was running a quick errand, my dog hates me because i haven't walked her and Holly had to and my baby is dead.

Last edited by Sliceanddice; 06-03-2009, 12:17 AM.

Wow! You can have my two whole boxes (well, minus about 3 or 4 cookies) of Thin Mints! That sounds like something someone would come up with on a TV show.

I'm glad you are not badly injured. Cars can always be replaced (but it's always sad to lose one you love). Be careful of your neck; rear-enders have a way of messing with it...and the real pain didn't hit me until the next day. I had prescription Naproxen but Ibuprofin works, too.

When I was rear-ended (almost 7 years ago, wow) my glasses must have slipped down my face as I was flung forward, and then when I was pulled back by the seatbelt, they flipped over the top of my head and the seat back. I was trying to find them and couldn't; my dad found them later on the floor behind the driver's seat. They were no worse for the experience, luckily.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

one of the funny things was this was how my sister woke up my brother (a notorious heavy sleeper who takes 45 minutes to wake up)

"Hey Tyrel, three members of our family where just in two car accidents and one is being taken to the hospital by ambulence you should wake up now"

poor Ty.

Comment

OMG!!

Thankfully you're ok. But damn...thats a hell of a chstory.

I know what a pain the the ass totaled cars and insurance and all that shit can be. Heres to hoping you get everything taken care of quickly!

Comment

Borken??

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
            Borken??

<pic>

Hehe Thanks I needed that!
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-02-2009, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
              Borken??

read the signature

Comment

look its a picture of my foot!!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Photo-0035.jpg

Comment

Looks a bit puffy. Ouch. Hope you are feeling OK today.

Comment

Looks painful! Keep it elevated and iced if it starts to swell! Can u walk on it?

Hope you get better quickly.

Comment

i can walk with a limp and a hiss of pain

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        *plays* "This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed at home...*giggles like a loon & runs off*

One accident is bad enough, but TWO? That's just wrong...you been kicking Buddahs' puppy again?

OK, seriously - get well soon & I prescribe a nice, reptilian lawyer for you, what with the nasty "ow my neck is really stiff" whiplash you received etc.
                        If we work this right, you'll be on a cruise somewhere in a short while.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                          read the signature
                          Check the rules. No proper English, people can make light-hearted jokes about it.

Glad you're not broken though.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                          X