This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UP! (non-spoiler edition)

So, saw this yesterday, and it's a really fun watch, if nothing than for the dog.

It's even better with it being done in 3D. Disney doesn't do what a lot of movies do, ie ramming the 3D effects in every 30 seconds. Nothing really jumps out at you (though it could. When they did their logo for the 3D, I swear I could touch it), but everything has a real sense of depth. It felt like watching a play more than a movie.

The characters are a hoot, though the plot is standard Disney fare (silly, then serious, then sappy) So if you;re a fan of Disney, go see it. You will enjoy it. Just remember to wear the glasses they give you, otherwise the film is pretty fuzzy and hurts the eyes.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

I want to see that one. I've read good things and it looks cute.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

*appologizes now for the uber girly mode*
      :UBER GIRLY MODE= ACTIVATED:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! KEVIN AND DOUG!!! KEVIN AND DOUG!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! !

:UBER GIRLY MODE= DISACTIVATED:
      of and the first 15 minutes made me cry.

Comment

It was a good movie. I didn't see the 3-D version, as those glasses give me a headache. Still it was good, had some sad and sappy moments and happy moments. It's a good film and if you liked the previous Pixar movies you'll like this one as well!

Comment

At first I was disappointed that it wasn't a remake of the Russ Meyer film of the same name (and if there's anything that I want to see in 3D )...

But I do want to see this, and have heard nothing but great about it. It's a shame that it hasn't arrived here yet.
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I will be seeing it next week!
            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Every 30 seconds, I was all "Can I have a Dug?"

BF agreed, so long as he could have a Kevin.
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

How many balloons would it take to lift a house, anyway?

Interesting...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X