This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is not my mother

Today I went to get some goodies at the Dunkin Donuts for me and my husband. They know me there, since I love their breakfast sandwiches and come in to get them at least twice a week, before that I was in every day on my way to work. So, they know what I want when come in and always smile and wave at me and have started my order when they see me walk in.

Anyway, an old woman came in as I was waiting for the food. I smiled at her and went back to waiting.

I was getting some Splenda on the way out for the coffee and ice tea that I always get. I grabbed 10 of them, 5 for each drink. The old woman came over while I was getting the Splenda and I noticed she couldn't decide between the sugar, Equal or the Splenda, but I didn't say anything.

She asks me why I have so many Splenda. I gave her a look and told her for my coffee and ice tea. I thought maybe she missed the carrier I was holding with the coffee and ice tea.

She grabs my Splenda out of my carrier and yells at me "NO ONE NEEDS THAT MUCH" and throws them back in the holder.

I blame me being nasty about it on my lack of sleep, worrying about my husband and the pain I have from walking and standing (pinched nerve).

Anyway, I called her an f'ing b*tch and grab the Splenda back from the holder. She yells back that yes, I am a b*tch. I told her to die already and flip her off as I walk out. I seriously thought she was going to follow my out to my car and try to hit me from behind, but she stayed inside. I guess she figured it was fight she would lose.

I think she was looking for a fight when she came in and I was the only other woman in there. I figure she thought I was an easy target, since she knew the men would go off on her. She probably figured that I would be intimidated by her being bigger than me. She was seriously mistaken.

Yes, I should have handled it better and shouldn't have gone totally off on her. I do feel bad about how I dealt with it now.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

I have to say if someone had actually touched my stuff and spoken to me like that,I would have told them to F**k off as well.

You didn't do anything I wouldn't have done... but I admit I set my manners according to how people treat me. If you are going to act like a bitch, Im going to teach you a lesson in manners.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Some people just need to either complain, or attempt to push others around.

In fact, I had some old bitch (sorry, but she *is* a bitch), get upset at me when I pulled up in front of my grandmother's place. As usual, I head over there Sunday to have dinner with her. Grandma's mind is failing, and she appreciates the company. Usually, I take her for a car ride after dinner. Not very far, just a big circle through the surrounding neighborhoods.

Rather than have her wait outside, she was in her wheelchair, sitting in the home's lobby. It's easier than trying to wheel her down the hill to the parking lot. I got the car...and things went to hell.

How? Well, normally I pull under the home's overhang. Not only does that mean Grandma doesn't have to walk as far, but also that she's out of the wind. No sooner do I pull up, "Crazy Megan" starts going off about how I nearly hit her.

Megan got her name, because she's in her 70s, and her mind is shot. This is the same woman who said that her daughter's husband is "in the Mafia," that the CIA put her in the home, etc. She also went on a rant (which is posted somewhere here), about how there was no "American food" in the cafeteria. As such, most people avoid her.

Anyway, there was no way I could have hit her. For one, you could have landed the damn space shuttle between the overhang and the bench she was sitting on. Two, I'm always *very* careful when driving around that place. Too many slow-moving old people, who may, or may not see/hear the car, or not be able to get out of the way.

Megan spent a good 15 minutes going on about how I was "dangerous," "could have hit her," and on and on and on. Had my grandmother not been with me...I probably would have told her to "get bent"

And yes, I would have, old woman or not. I've heard rumors that she's said some nasty things to Grandma because she bumped into her in the hallway. Gee, a 92-year-old woman with failing eyesight, and memory problems. Of course she's going to accidentally bump into you! Stupid bitch
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

you should have taken even more splenda than the first time hehee

Comment

artifical sweetner, there wasn't much out, about 25 packs, so I did take it all while she was looking right at me. After I did that is when I flipped her off and left.

Comment

So you didn't handle it very well. You were stressed and in pain, and you'll do better next time.

I have no idea why this woman thought the Splenda-intake of a perfect stranger was any of her business. It would have been nice if you hadn't gotten into with her, but at least you called it right. She was a bitch.

And speaking of people not minding their own business: Holy hell, that is a lot of Splenda. That stuff is sweet. One packet usually does me.

Now please don't hurt me.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I think you showed amazing restraint!! Having a total stranger coming up to you and do that would set anyone off and I don't know anyone (myself included) who would be unable to not say something.

Comment

maybe she wanted to add it to her hoarded collection at home. My grandad used to collect the sugar packets (ask for two sugars and take them home) and there wasnt enough for her

or maybe she was just a nosey bossy bitch...
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

i usually need 4 per cup of coffee.. .so when i get a large i need at least 6

Comment

Holy cow! I'd hate to see what she'd say to the woman who gets an extra large hot tea extra cream and eight splenda every day!

Seriously, how is it her business how many splenda you take for the drinks you get? It's free. It's there to be taken.She's probably one of the people who steal splenda from coffee shops and didn't want you to take it from her.

Argh, I'm just infuriated thinking about it.

Comment

Chazzie, the employees and the manager have seen how many I take and have never had a problem with it. When I get coffee or ice tea at McDonald's through the drive thru they have never had a problem with how many Splenda I ask for either.

Now that I think back on it, the old woman never did take any sweetners while I was there, so it does seem she was just looking for a fight with someone and I happened to be the first one she saw that didn't look like much of a threat.

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought someone old enough to know better would try to start up with me in the Dunkin Donuts, especially when I was minding my own business and hadn't said a word to the person.

I had three breakfast sandwiches and two donuts on me too, so I'm surprised she didn't tell me I didn't need that much food and try to take that away from me. Of course I would have had to really hurt her then, since no one gets between me and my yummy breakfast sandwich.

Comment

Working...
                      X