Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Everything Break Simultaneously?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Everything Break Simultaneously?

Bah! Last night was infuriating.

You ever have one of those days where the answer to the question "What's broken?" is "Everything!" ?

I had that last night. First, my new phone's SD card became unwritable. Completely unable to fix it. Three different computers, two different operating systems, two different SD card readers, and not one of them could write a single thing. I couldn't delete files, I couldn't reformat the drive, I couldn't repartition it. It was just dead. I got lucky, and was able to recover my data.

Of course, going through all *that* took a couple hours. While that was going on, I found out that the AC unit in my computer room, on occasion, manages to suck enough power that it shuts off my desktop. Of course, that had to happen a good four times while I was trying to make the SD card usable again.

Gah. That was not a fun night.

I feel your pain *hands over cookies*

At the Zel household we've experienced that the digi-cam, the dvd player, the laptop, the stove AND the laundry machine all gave up their ghost within a 14 day period.

Fortunately we could afford to replace the stove and the laundry machine right away, but repair/replacement for the rest will have to wait till we either have saved up some money or a lucky lottery ticket comes along.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
    X