This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to YouTube?

Quick question: Over the last several months, I've seen at least one website advertised that's designed to compete with YouTube, offering a similar service, but marketed as an alternative to and/or competitor with YouTube, and it may possibly be better than YouTube. The only problem is... I can't remember the name of the site.

Anyone happen to know the site I'm referring to? If so, please post a link to it!

EDIT: Since there may be LOTS of video sharing sites, let me clarify a couple things to help narrow it down:
    1. I'm looking for a particular music video that has not been uploaded to YouTube, so a site like Hulu.Com may not help me. Sites focused on music videos would be particularly helpful.
    2. The site I was thinking of checking has been advertised regularly by the technology media within the last 6 months to a year, that's why it's really bugging me that I can't remember its name.
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 06-05-2009, 09:48 AM.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

There's always Google Video. It was Google's delve into the web video market before they purchased YouTube.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I don't know I spend a lot of time on You Tube as it is, I don't even pay attention to other sites.

Comment

I know dailymotion.com is a big competitor to youtube... other than that
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

vimeo.com is the only one I can think of.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Could it be veoh.com...?
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
            X