This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My children are weird

So today is the first official day of summer for my kids. My daughter has been trying to get everyone to the pool for the last hour. Thing 1 (my middle step-son) doesn't want to go yet because he's watching... the Food Network. Apparently Paula Deen and chicken bacon wraps are more intersting than swimming.
    Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead. - Good Omens

In my family, nothing is more interesting that the Food Network. Even Child Rum knows Food Network when she sees it!

Yeah ... we love to eat and watch people make foods that make our mouths water and our arteries clog. (Paula Dean loves to use butter and more butter!)

Comment

Hey! He's trying to watch his weight! Obviously, his concern is that too much fatty food may shorten his life.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Iron Chef and Alton Brown FTW for me !
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          Hey! He's trying to watch his weight! Obviously, his concern is that too much fatty food may shorten his life.
          Not if he's watching Paula Deen he's not! If she could work out a way to get a stick of butter into a tossed salad, she'd do it.

Wow. 14? I could see maybe Giada, but if it was Paula, I guess it was the chicken wrap he was interested in.

Comment

Ahhh...Good Eats, Rachael Ray, Ace of Cakes...good times, good times.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I like No Reservations, but I think that's only on Travel. Still, it's about food
              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

"My children are weird" says the person who named themselves after a telletubby. I wonder where they got that from...

(says the person whose own children are guaranteed to be weirdos. That is, if my wife and I can stop being silly long enough to breed.)

Comment

Child Rum is definitely weird. As soon as we can get her to calm and sit long enough (and teach her how to read ... she's learning ), I want to set up a D&D game for her.

And she likes to cook! I have an apron and she has matching one and when she puts hers on she declares that she's "Chef Child Rum!"

Comment

I like that they're weird. Makes them more interesting people.

Hmmm.... Maybe he'll be a chef.
                    Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead. - Good Omens

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      Not if he's watching Paula Deen he's not! If she could work out a way to get a stick of butter into a tossed salad, she'd do it.

Wow. 14? I could see maybe Giada, but if it was Paula, I guess it was the chicken wrap he was interested in.
                      classic croutons .... cut bread into cubes, toast lightly, toss in melted garlic herb butter, return to oven and finish toasting til crunchy ...

a couple cups of bread cubes will soak up an amazing amount of butter)
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Lala View Post
                        Hmmm.... Maybe he'll be a chef.
                        That was my first thought. Lucky you!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I hate to admit this, but when we make pancakes on the weekends, he takes over because mine usually end up...uh...crispy. My daughter has even told my mom point blank that "Thing 1's pancakes are better than yours". Ouch!

Comment

Working...
                          X