This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey hair???

Okay lately I've noticed a lot of grey hair on the top of my head.I was thinking I didn't have one grey hair until I started this job.All the customer shit has given me grey hair.So my question is has anyone else had this crap happen?Thank jebus I start a new non retail job in two weeks.
    Last edited by candyshopgirl; 06-11-2009, 06:46 PM.

K has stated to get a sprinkling of grey hair, we have 5 counted on his head. He is pretty devastated because he's only 26. I pointed out two of his friends that are seriously loosing their hair (ones almost completely bald) and he cheered up a little.

You can dye it if you want
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Gery hair...at least you still have it!
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I have a white streak on one side that has been there since, oh, at least my early teens. But in terms of grey hair, it seriously started when I was about 25. Luckily it hasn't progressed as quickly as it did for my mother, who was entirely salt & pepper by the time I was born.

At least she can't blame ME for all those white hairs!

I don't really worry about it. I figure if I'm going to go grey, I can either dye it or be thankful that at least I'm not losing it.

Comment

I have had grey hair since I was 16.

After 15 years, it is getting a bit ridiculous. Good thing I have experience with coloring it....

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
            K has stated to get a sprinkling of grey hair, we have 5 counted on his head. He is pretty devastated because he's only 26.
            Same age my mum started getting gray hairs. Also the age she was when I was born.

Comment

I think I pulled my first grey/white out of my head when I was about 23, only two years ago. I'm pretty darn sure I pulled a pure white one out the other day, but it's hard to tell since my red hair has a ton of natural blond highlights in it. I seriously wouldn't mind if my hair decided to go all white, though. People are still mistaking me for being in my teens, so my face with white hair would look awesome.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I am 30 and have a ton of snow white hairs. Only a couple are long enough to notice, but because I am dark they are quite striking. Most are very short and seem to gather on the right side of my scalp. The husband says I never had white hair until we got married but I think that's not right. I've probably had them for a long time.

I think they're cool. I want a Rogue streak.
                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'm only 27 and I've been getting white hairs for a couple of years now, started right about the time my job starting getting really stressful and me getting really sick being preggo the first time. But the pink seems to cover it up nicely (as seen in my avatar). And I've always wanted a streak like Rogue too (witches lock isn't it?)
                  It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

I can't tell if there's grey in my hair or if it's just extreme ash color.

I was born a platinum pale blonde, but as I got into my early teens, it started going very, very ash blonde. If I were able to strip out the hairdye in my hair, you'd see that my hair is still very, very blonde....but way more ash than blonde. And I'm sure in some lights, it even appears grey.

That's what worries me the most. I'm 22. When I was growing out my natural hair color last year, I'd look in the mirror and spend forever trying to tell if it was ash or grey.

Although most people have been trying to assure me, it's just ash. When I got my hair cut last week, I brought it up to the hair stylist, and she said that she saw no grey in my hair, that it's just that ashy colored, and next time I come, she'd like to try to dye my whole head a more pale blonde color and less ashy color.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

....I'm 29, have all my hair and if there's a gray hair around its from my cat. >.>

I always thought it was interesting. I have a friend/coworker from my old company that's 2 years older than me. We both worked together when we were in our early twenties. Cept she smoked, drinked and partied every weekend. Whereas I did none of the above and was more of a homebody

Now she literally looks 15 years older than she is, whilst I don't really look any different than the day I was hired. ><

Comment

I forgot to add, Peanuts apparently help prevent you from going gray. Either that or my Dad is really really lucky. He's 71 and only recently started going gray. He says that its from eating peanuts nearly every day.
                        It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth BarbieGirl View Post
                          I forgot to add, Peanuts apparently help prevent you from going gray. Either that or my Dad is really really lucky. He's 71 and only recently started going gray. He says that its from eating peanuts nearly every day.
                          Massive daily caffeine intake makes you go gray on the flip side. Some lovely new study showed that heavy caffeine intake stops your body from producing one of its anti-aging hormones in favour of adrenaline.

Good to know. ><

Comment

My hair has been going grey for 10 years.
                            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I've had grey hairs since I was 12.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X