Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eeeeee!! (warning: space geekiness ahead)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeeee!! (warning: space geekiness ahead)

I'm so excited, I could hardly sleep last night!!

You guys know how much I like anything to do with space, NASA, Mars, etc, right?

I found out that there is a book signing tonight, at a mall about 20 minutes from my office.

Buzz frakkin' ALDRIN is signing copies of his new book!!

I do not care how cross-eyed I am by the end of the day, or how much my head hurts, I am damn well going to that book signing!!

I plan to get a copy of his new book signed for a friend of mine, then see if he'll sign my much-autographed copy of Martian Chronicles.

EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I get to meet a man who walked on the moon!!!!!! *runs around in happy little circles*
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

I wish I could be there. Then I can meet him and Chewbacca in a week of each other.

That's awesome you'll get to see him
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

That's awesome.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Well, I just got back. Dr. Aldrin spoke for about 30 minutes, then signed books. I was about #200, so he was pretty tired when I got there. He wouldn't sign my copy of Martian Chronicles, but it was an across-the-board policy, so I was ok with it. Sad, but ok.

Honestly...while it was an honor to get a book signed by him...meeting the folks at JPL was more fun!

There were some total SCs there, but I'll post that over in Sightings.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

That is so cool! I'm happy for you.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X